mamma mia

The Guardians went to a bar on Knowhere to celebrate

The Guardians went to a bar on Knowhere to celebrate. They were allowed free drinks the whole night so they weren't leaving anytime soon. Rocket and Drax went to gamble (it seemed to a pattern on Knowhere for them). This time Peter went to supervise them, even though he didn't want to because he'd rather be with Tori. Gamora made him do it. Tori sat at a table, and Gamora sat with her. They took this as an opportunity to get to know each other.

"Where does the name Dancing Queen come from? Are you the Queen of Dancing?" Gamora asked

"It's a song by ABBA" Tori said.

"What's an Abba?"

"It's a Swedish band back on Earth. They were popular in the seventies" 

"You, like Peter, have a love of music then"

"Yes. My parents gave me cassette tapes of all of ABBA's music before I was abducted by space pirates" Tori's face saddened at the thought of her parents. She'd love to see them again, but they probably wouldn't even remember her. "I hated my childhood. I was kept locked in a cage, and I was only given one meal a day for ten years. I was pretty much skin and bone by the time Rocket found me. I'm thankful he took me in and made me his sister"

"I am so sorry you had to go through all that. My childhood was tragic as well. Thanos killed my parents, destroyed my people, and raised me to become this weapon. He may have adopted me as his daughter, but I will never accept him as my father" 

"I'm sorry Gamora"

"No need to apologize. It is not your fault. I'll go get us more drinks" Gamora said. As soon as she was gone, two people wearing clothes similar to Tori, except with their faces covered, approached her. 

"Can I help you?" she said. The people never spoke. Instead, one of them pulled out a syringe with a liquid inside it. "Don't you dare think about putting that stuff in me because if you do---" The one with the syringe, plunged it into Tori's neck, and squeezed out all the liquid. Tori had a sleepy feeling wash over her so she let her eyes close. Once she was asleep, the two strangers took her. No one even seemed to notice or care about what just happened. Gamora came back with two drink, but dropped them to the ground when she saw Tori was gone.

~

Gamora gathered everyone and they went back to the ship. When both Rocket and Peter questioned why Tori wasn't there, Gamora told them that Tori was missing.

"You lost my sister!?" Rocket said

"I didn't lose her Rocket! I just went to get us some more drinks and when I went back to the table, she was gone" Gamora said

"That's still technically losing my sister"

"Rocket has a point. If you had stayed with her, maybe my future girlfriend would still be here" Peter said. 

"Future girlfriend?" Rocket said, before laughing. "There is no frickin' way my sister would ever think about being your girlfriend! She has better taste than that!"

"Guys! That is not important right now! What is important is that we find Tori" Gamora said

"How are we supposed to find Phoenix when we don't know who took her or where she went?" Drax said

"It just so happens that she has a tracking device implanted in her neck" Rocket said. Everyone gave him questioning looks. "What?"

"Why does she have a tracking device in her neck?" Gamora said

"I'm her older brother. I like knowing where she is" 

"Does she know about this tracking device?" Drax asked

"No way. I put it in her neck when she was sleeping. If she knew about the tracking device, she'd strangle me to death" 

"So you know where Tori is, every moment of every day?" Peter said, making Rocket nod. "So, say if she was out on a date with some guy that wasn't me, I could find out where she is, conveniently show up and---"

"Not important Peter! Rocket, can you start locating her?" Gamora said

"I'm already on it" Rocket said. He pulled out a device that let's him know the whereabouts of his sister. "I'm not getting anything right now, but I should be getting the coordinates soon"

~

When Tori woke up, she was on a bed in a room with posters of bands from the seventies and eighties covering the walls. She sat up and immediately felt her head spin. 

"Ugh, my head" she muttered.

"Take one of these" a woman said. Tori looked over and saw a blonde woman holding a pill and a glass of water. Tori gave her a questioning look. "It won't poison you. It's to help with the headache" Tori grabbed the pill out of the woman's hand. She popped it in her mouth and sipped some of the water to wash it down.

"Where am I?" Tori asked

"You're on a ship, but you're safe and sound" the woman said. She smiled and took Tori's face in her heads. "I can't believe we found you after all these years"

"Excuse me? Who are you?"

"You don't remember me?" At that moment, a man walked into the room. When he saw Tori, he smiled.

"Tori! It's been so long! You don't know how happy we are that we found you!" he said.

"What the hell is going on!?" 

"Fernando, she doesn't recognize us" the woman said

"I didn't expect her to Helen. It has been twenty eight years after all" the man said. He sat with Tori on the bed. "You don't recognize us do you?" 

"No. Should I?"

"We hoped you would because we're your mom and dad" the woman said. 

"M-mom? D-dad?" Tori said. She looked between the two. Both of them nodded. Could these people really be her parents? This was just too much. Tori felt dizzy, and then she fainted. 

michelle pfeiffer as helen phoenix

jon hamm as fernando phoenix