fooled around and fell in love

Tori was with Rocket at the bridge, and noticed that they were coming close to Knowhere

Tori was with Rocket at the bridge, and noticed that they were coming close to Knowhere. Gamora said that this is where her buyer would be.

"Heads up! We're inbound" Rocket said. This alerted Peter and he joined the rest. He stood annoyingly close to Tori but she acted as if she didn't notice.

"Whoa" Peter said as they approached closer to Knowhere.

"What is it?" Drax asked

"It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here" Gamora said. When they landed and began wandering the streets, Gamora continued on. "Hundreds of years ago, the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. The bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable only for outlaws"

"Well, I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde and John Stamos" Peter said

"It sounds like a place which I would like to visit" Drax said

"Yeah, you should" Peter said. A group of kids surrounded them. "Watch your wallets" They approached a bar.

"Your buyers in there?" Rocket asked

"We are to wait here for his representative" Gamora said

"This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait?" Drax asked

~

Drax and Rocket went off to gamble, and Gamora figured that she would be the one to keep an eye on them. Tori stood on the balcony and Peter came to join her.

"Man, you wouldn't believe what they charge for fuel out here. I might actually lose money on this job. I figured you might have been with Rocket" he said

"I'm not much of a gambler. Can I ask you something? Why do you seem so interested in me when Gamora is clearly more exotic than I am" Tori said

"Well, I think you're prettier than she is. I think it's also your taste of music and the fact that you're Terran as well. How long has it been since you were there?" Peter asked

"Twenty eight years. I was six when I was abducted by space pirates. I never knew why they did what they did. Rocket rescued me when I was about sixteen and I've been travelling with him and Groot ever since" Tori explained.

"What about your parents? Do you miss them?" Peter asked

"Of course I do. Sometimes I get the feeling that they're out there somewhere looking for me, but I guess that's too much to ask for" Tori said

"Hey, don't say that. For all you know, they could be in the next planet over trying to find you" Peter said. Tori smiled at him. She took his walkman in her hands. She pressed play on it.

"I guess yours means as much to you as mine does to me" Tori said

"My mother gave it to me. My mom liked to share with me all the pop songs that she loved growing up. I happened to have it on me when I was...the day that she... You know, when I left Earth" Peter said. He took the walkman back and put it on his belt.

"Can I listen?" Tori asked. Peter smiled and placed his headphones on Tori's head. She recognized the song as Fooled Around And Fell In Love. She looked up at Peter, who was staring at her longingly. She felt his hand wrap around hers. Peter started to lean in, and Tori did as well. She had promised herself that she wouldn't fall in love with him, but it was too late.

She already had

Their lips were just about to touch when they heard a ruckus coming from inside the bar. It just had to be Gamora, Rocket and Drax. Tori removed Peter's headphones and gave them back to him, and then went inside. When she got inside, she saw Rocket pointing his gun at Gamora and Drax.

"Rocket! Don't you dare!" Tori said.

"This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!" Drax said

"That is true!" Rocket said

"He has no respect!"

"That is also true!"

"Hold on! Hold on!" Peter said

"Keep calling me vermin, tough guy! You just wanna laugh at me like everyone else!" Rocket said

"Rocket, calm down. No one is laughing at you" Tori said

" He thinks I'm some stupid thing! He does! Well, I didn't ask to get made! I didn't ask to be torn apart, and put back together, over and over and turned into some...some little monster!" Rocket said.

"Rocket," Tori spoke with a soft voice. "You are not a monster"

"He called me vermin! She called me rodent! Let's see if you can laugh after five or six good shots to your frickin' face!" Rocket was about to shoot at Drax and Gamora when Peter stepped in.

"No, no, no, no! Four billion units! Rocket! Come on, man. Hey! Suck it up for one more lousy night and you're rich" Peter said

"Fine, but I can't promise when all this is over I'm not gonna kill every last one of you jerks. Except you Tor, you're the smallest jerk here" Rocket said

"See? That's exactly why none of you have any friends! Five seconds after you meet somebody, you're already trying to kill them!" Peter said

"We have traveled halfway across the quadrant, and Ronan is no closer to being dead" Drax said, and then left.

"Drax!" Peter called after him.

"Let him go. We don't need him" Gamora said. A pink skinned woman entered the bar.

"Milady Gamora, I'm here to fetch you for my master" she said.