s.o.s

The pink skinned girl, Carina, brought them into some lair with a whole bunch things enclosed in cases

"Okay, this isn't creepy at all" Rocket said

"We house the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner" Carina said. They walked by a dog. It and Rocket growled at each other. "I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, the Collector" Gamora and the Collector approached one another.

"Oh, my dear Gamora. How wonderful to meet in the flesh" he said, kissing her hand.

"Let's bypass the formalities, Tivan. We have what we discussed" Gamora said

"What is that thing there?" the Collector said, looking at Groot.

"I am Groot"

"I never thought I'd meet a Groot. Sir, you must allow me to pay you now so that I may own your carcass. At the moment of your death, of course" the Collector said

"I am Groot"

"Why, so he could turn you into a frickin' chair?" Rocket said

"That's your pet?" the Collector asked

"His what?!" Rocket went to grab his gun but Tori stopped him.

"Brother, no" 

"Tivan, we have been halfway around the galaxy, retrieving this orb" Gamora said

"Very well, then. Let us see what you brought" the Collector said. Peter took the orb out of his bag, dropped it and then picked it up.

~

"Oh, my new friends. Before creation itself, there were six singularities" the Collector said. He opened the orb, revealing a purple stone inside. Holographic images were then displayed. "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. Infinity Stones. These stones, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength. Observe. These carriers can use the stone to mow down entire civilizations like wheat in a field"

"There's a little pee coming out of me right now" Peter said

"Once, for a moment, a group was able to share the energy amongst themselves, but even they were quickly destroyed by it. Beautiful. Beyond compare" the Collector said.

"Blah, blah, blah. We're all very fascinated, whitey. But we'd like to get paid" Rocket said

"How would you like to get paid?" the Collector asked

"He's talking units" Tori said

"Very well, then" the Collector went to grab the money. Carina stalked towards the Infinity Stone. "Carina. Stand back"

"I will no longer be your slave!" Carina said. She wrapped her hands around the stone, triggering an explosion. Groot grabbed Rocket and Tori, and brought them outside. They made it outside just in time just as the place completely exploded. Gamora and Peter came outside.