Chapter Sixteen

The putrid odor wafted into her nostrils, making her silently gag on the smell. The chains behind her that bounded her hands and feet clattered against the stone ground as she dragged them with her to her awaiting, rotting cell. She couldn't imagine how it could get any worse than this.

The guard leading her suddenly stopped in front of a cell with an open door. He harshly shoved her into her cell with a snicker, watching her fall hard onto the floor. She got up to snap at him, but ready fund he was gone. She angrily sat down on the floor, wondering what she was going to do now.

"What the hell am I suppose to do it here? Adam and Camella are out having all the fun while I'm stuck in a lame cell like this," she complained to herself.

"Be grateful, Annie, that they didn't decided to kill us right away," a familiar voice called out.

She nearly screamed her lungs out when she heard the voice come from the corner, but when she saw her twin sister emerge from the darkness, she calmed down and sighed.

"I know you're right, but I can't help that I feel helpless in here," she mumbled.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure Adam and Camella are going to get help. You'll be out of here and back into the action any time soon now," her sister smiled.

"This is Adam we're talking about. Camella, i'm not worried about, but Adam's with her. How could anything go right?"

"Are you....worried about him?"

Annie felt her cheeks burn slightly, but she shrugged it off. "Are you kidding me? I could care less about that idiotic oaf!"

Lannie couldn't help but laugh at her sister. "If you like him, no need to hind the feelings right?"

"Pft, as if there are any feelings between us."

"What about the "session" you had with him to show him what a real "man" was like? Don't tell me that was purely for the fun of it and a teaching lesson for him."

Annie smiled to herself. "Lannie, you do realize that we're demons, not angels. I do what I please."

"Yet you still have hidden feelings for him don't you?"

Annie simply rolled her eyes at her sister. "Just like you don't have feelings for Silas? You didn't become a council member and work your ass off for nothing."

Lannie looked at her sister with a soft smile on her lips. "I won't deny any of that. He is my best friend after all. How could I not have feelings for him? But the reality is that he already has someone in his life and I'm not her."

Annie opened her mouth to say something, but the loud clang of their gated cell rattled loudly as it opened up. They both turned their head towards the gate only to see a limp body be casted into their cell. The gate once again slammed shut, making a loud clattering noise ring throughout the place. The two girls ran over to see who had been thrown into the cell with them and saw it was Lucus. They saw that he was mostly covered in blood from head to toe. His clothing had been slightly ripped and his eyes were closed.

"Lucus?" Annie softly called out. When he didn't reply, she rested her head his chest and felt a beating rythme in him.

"Annie, he'll be fine. He's just badly hurt. They can't possess anything to kill since Camella is the only one with it," Lannie said halfheartedly. "Let's try to treat his wounds so Clara doesn't have to know."

"Remember the last time he was badly injured? Clara was all over him trying to treat his wounds," Annie reminisced.

"Can you blame her? She's his mate after all."