Chapter Seven

She waved good-by to Adam as he drove away from her house with nothing but a bag full of dried, bloody soil and a piece of tree bark covered in grudge goo. She shuffled back inside to take a hot shower so that she could finally clean up after everything that happened today. They had spent nearly three and a half hours trying to find evidence to who was causing all the murders. Hopefully, with what Adam had with him, they were going to find out who was behind all of the murders.

She shuffled up the stairs to her bathroom. After turning the water on, she stripped completely and walked in enjoying the warm water on her body. Once she was finished with her shower, she wore a fresh, new pair of jeans and a plain green t-shirt that said: Smile...It'll either warm their heart or piss them off...Either way you win! She tossed her dirty clothes into the laundry basket as she exited the bathroom.

Ding Dong! The doorbell sounded throughout the house making her check the time on her phone. She walked downstairs confused to as why anyone would visit her at two-thirty in the afternoon. She lazily opened the door, but froze when she saw who was standing there. She hurried to slam the door close, but his hand stopped her. He forced his way in and slammed the door shut while locking it. She backed away from him and made a break for the stairs, running away from him as fast as she could, but when she got to the top of the stairs, his arms wrapped around her and carried him into her room, slamming the door shut.

"Let go, Kaden!" she yelled angrily.

"Not until we talk this out," he denied her request.

"There's nothing to talk out!"

As he let go of her, she scrambled over to her bed, unsure of what they could possibly talk about. She eyed him in suspicion as she waited for him to say something.

"I don't know why you freaked out and left my house when it was still raining like hell on eart, but I'm sorry that you heard any of that conversation," he apologized. She felt a twinge of guilt strike her heart. She didn't know why he was apologizing to her. In fact, it should be her who was apologizing to him. He should of been furious. She looked at the floor with sudden interest in it as she spoke.

"Why are you apologizing? You should be mad," she said without looking up at him.

"Why would I be mad?"

"Because I left your house upset with no explanation to as why I was."

He walked over to where she was seat on the bed and sat next to her smiling at her.

"I don't know why you did that, but I have no reason to be mad at you. I'm sure you had a reason."

Yeah, if the reason was that out of know where I got jealous after learning you had to mate with Ella, then yeah! I have a reason! she thought to herself. She nervously played with her short nails as she looked up at him. Just looking into his beautiful blue eyes made her tear up. Why was she being upset over all of this? She couldn't answer this problem either. Just like she couldn't answer why she got jealous when she heard Ella was going to mate with Kaden.

"You're not jealous, are you?" he teased.

"Why would I be jealous?" she asked as she shot him a look.

He grinned at her. "Maybe because you like me?"

There was that grin again. She just wanted to smack it right off his face, but she also wanted to stare at it all day long.

"Only in your dreams!" she smiled as she playfully shoved him.

"Why does it have to happen in my dreams when it already happened in reality?"