Chapter Fifteen

Camella ran deeper into the forest, but suddenly tripped when she didn't notice the gnarl of the tree poking from the ground. She laid on the ground, not wanting to get up despite the pain that was slowly making it's away up her leg. Tears slowly slid down her cheek as the images of the angry glares flashed in her mind. Another memory popped into her mind, making the tears that were rolling down her cheek, turn into streams instead.

~~~

"Mom! Look at what I got you!" the little girl squealed as she entered the kitchen. Her pigtails swung gently back and forth as she rocked on the heel of her foot. She reached out her hand with the flowers in it and handed them to her mom, but the flowers quickly ended up on the flower. The little girl stared at the flower on the floor, surprised by what just happened.

"You know I'm deathly allergic to those flowers! Why did you bring those in here?" she scolded. The girl looked up at her mom, shocked by the harsh tone of her voice, but she broke down into tears once she saw the angry glare on her face. The look was both scary and sad. She turned to run away, but the mother held her back. The next thing she knew, the wooden spoon her mom had been using to cook with, struck her hand and she cried out in pain.

"I expect you to do the most logical thing next time. Do you understand me?" she growled. The girl nodded her head, but her hands were only struck once again by the hot, wooden spoon.

"What are you suppose to say?" she sharply asked while grabbing the girl's face.

"Y-yes, mommy," she sniffed, scared of what her mother was doing to her. The mother let go of her face harshly, leaving nail scratches on her. She continued with her cooking, not bothering to look at the child again.

She quietly walked out of the kitchen and began to climb the stairs, but hands yanked her back, forcing her out of the house as she thrashed and screamed loudly. Once she was outside, she caught a glimpse of the angry glare she received from her father.

"Are you trying to kill your mother? Sleeping out here will teach you what you did wrong," he snarled before slamming the door in her face. She  ran up to the door, trying to open it, but found that it was locked, so she slammed her fist on the door repeatedly until her hands were aching and red. She sat on the steps, tears flowing freely down her cheek.

The rain began to fall down on the ground, but she didn't care, she continued to sit there, the tears still running down her cheek. She sat there wishing that her Aunt would come by and save her from all this mess.

Sadly, her wish never came true.

~~~

She felt the sadness in her deepen as the painful memory faded into the back of her mind. She pulled herself up from the ground, trying to put on a brave face. She wiped the tears from her face, but ended up leaving dirt marks instead, but she didn't care.

Standing up, she tried to walk, but found that she had badly hurt her ankle. Swearing under her breath, she leaned against a nearby tree, wondering if she should try to walk home, or stay put until her ankle felt better. Knowing that the second choice was best, she slid down the tree and sat down.

The tress nearby her rustled loudly, making her whole body tense up. She tried to collect her wits together to think of a plan, but not a single idea popped into her mind. Closing her eyes, she just hoped that whoever or whatever would just kill her quickly so she didn't have to last through more pain.

"Camella," a familiar voice softly spoke. She opened her eyes and found Kaden standing there in front of her. Tears welled up in her eyes again, threatening to spill over. He rushed over to her, worried obviously present in his eyes as he held her against his chest.