Chapter Thirteen

Kaden stood in  front of her house, pacing back and forth. Why was he so nervous about doing this? All he had to say were three words. I need butter. He couldn't believe how lame he could get with asking for something as stupid as that when he could of walked to the store and bought some. He just really wanted to see Camella.

He gathered up his courage and knocked on the door. It opened slowly and instead of Camella standing there, her aunt Micaela stood there, a worried expression on her face.

"You must be Camella's boyfriend," she smiled. He tensed up at her choice of words. He wasn't exactly sure if "boyfriend" was the proper term for him to be called. Sure they made out a few times, but he couldn't be her boyfriend when he was about to mate. No matter how much he wanted to be called her boyfriend, he simply couldn't. Not when his mating was suppose to happen in less than two weeks.

"Is Camella home?" he asked. The smile on her face was replaced with sadness and worry.

"She hasn't been home in three days," she replied weakly.

He felt his heart stop. He should of realized something was wrong since he started to get head aches often out of the blue three days ago. He raced away from the house without saying goodbye, leaving her aunt standing there confused. He was too worried about her. Something was terribly wrong and he had to find out what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her eyes fluttered open when a strong smell attacked her nose. She waited for her vision to adjust when she realized she was stuck in a dark room. She made a move to rub her face like she had just woken up, but her hands were bound by chains. She huffed in annoyance before letting her mind wonder what they were going to do to her. She closed her eyes, listening for their voice.

"What are we going to do with her?" Ella's voice asked.

"We need to prepare the circle that Kiel left behind. It's the only thing that will kill of the weak Whisperer," Rider's voice responded. Silence filled the room once she heard their footsteps fade away. She began to wonder what she was going to do to get herself out of this mess.

Why don't you just break the chains yourself? It'll be easy. They're old anyways. Just pull hard enough and it'll come off.

Camella rolled her eyes when the voice slipped into her mind. She would of appreciated it if it had been around earlier before they caught her.

Oh don't be a sissy! We didn't say anything because this is all part of our plan. Help is on the way, so don't start freaking out just yet! It takes them a whole week to prepare the stupid circle anyways. God knows why it takes that long, but it does. Just break the chains!

She shook her head, but tugged on the chains. She heard a slight crack and tugged harder. Craaack! The chains broke in half and she was amazed at how right the voices could be. She was even more curious about who they were and how they knew practically everything. Quietly opening the box, she stepped out of it. She glanced around before quietly closing the lid again.

Her footsteps softly echoed in the room as she made her way to her only exit.

Stop! If you go up that way, they'll catch you! Go the other way! Head towards the wall that hides the secret way out! It's behind the box you were in.

She made her way back to the her tiny prison, walking past it to the wall that was behind it. Her fingers touched the cool stone gently and a wave f vibrant, rainbow colors spread across it quickly, then fading away as rapidly as it had appeared. Without thinking, she drew a cross and the wall moved aside, revealing a dark passage lit by torches. She stepped into it, the wall closing behind her.