Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Thirty minutes later we were outside the concert waiting to get in. The line had been wrapped around the stadium, but fortunately for us Victoria used to date one of the security guys, so we were able to jump all the way to the front.

Ben, the guard, motioned for us to move forward. "Make sure to give me a call, Tory." He said addressing my friend, "Always happy to help."

She gave him a smile and walked into the stadium. Ben stuck his hand out in front of me. "Ma'am let me say that you are looking absolutely breathtaking tonight." He said reaching up a hand to touch my face. I immediately took a step around him.

"You touch me and it'll be the last thing you do." I warned heatedly as I followed in after Victoria.

As we made it to our seats, I was actually surprised that we were only two rows away from the stage. We were seated in the center, waiting for the band to come out. I turned to Victoria who was smiling at something on her phone. "Wow, your boyfriend got some great seats." I nodded to our awesome view. She nodded.

"I know, right? If we're lucky they'll notice us first because we're dead center."

I didn't reply, but felt butterflies in my stomach. If Lee made eye contact with me I would literally freak. I looked up to Victoria as she began yelling excitedly. The lights began to dim and the curtains slowly started to open. Everyone jumped from their seats, and I followed slowly, waiting for the band to appear.

Loud drumming started in the background, while a guitar joined in. Suddenly the darkened stage was illuminated by lights and the band appeared. There they stood in all of their perfectness. The lead singer, Thomas, holding the mic, Dane on the bass guitar, Jack on the guitar as well, and Lee on the drums. They all smiled out at the audience, all except for Lee. He sat behind his drum set, an unreadable look across his face. Goodness he was handsome.

"How's everyone tonight!" Thomas shouted loudly, getting the audience pumped. Everyone was screaming, too enamored by the fact that The Passengers were actually on stage to actually answer his question.

Thomas nodded to the guy next to him and then to the others. The music began and I found myself rocking along with it, my eyes never leaving Lee. He continued to beat away on his drums, never once looking up at the crowd.

As they played their last song, I grew even more disappointed. Lee had never once looked up, and if things continued to go the way they were, he never would.

When they finished their song, applause erupted throughout the stadium. Thomas began thanking everyone for coming out. Lee finally sat his drum sticks down and glanced up at the crowd. At first it seemed as if his eyes were just scanning the room, passing over people, not really wanting to see them until his gaze stopped on me.

Those black eyes bore into mine for a brief moment before they were gone. If I hadn't been paying attention I would have missed the way his forehead creased slightly as his eyes landed on me.

Someone pinched my shoulder.

"Ow!" I grabbed my shoulder. Victoria was holding her phone, her hands still on her hips.

"I've been trying to get your attention for the last three minutes. The show's over, what're you doing?"

I quickly glanced up at the stage. The guys were gone, and their equipment was being moved around. I silently groaned and turned back to Victoria.

"Sorry, lets go." I said lamely as I followed her towards the exit.

She was going on and on about how great the concert was, but I couldn't hear a word she was saying. The only thing I could think about were Lee's dark eyes.

I shook my head. Maybe I was just seeing things. Besides, I had a crush on Jason. Having a crush on a famous rockstar that didn't even know I existed was an added headache that I didn't need. I turned to Victoria as we settled down into her car.

"Do you think you're up for a drink?"

She shoved her keys in the ignition. "Thought you'd never ask, Babe."