"Nick," Ray spoke before Jasmine could.

For a second she worried Nick may have caught a whiff on who Jacob was, but then Jacob wasn't an easy target, even for someone like Nick. With no Alpha leading them, their pack was exposed and vulnerable. Her entire pack had pretty much lived in secrecy as a way to survive. Not even werewolves as old as Nick would know about her pack, she was sure of it.

"What's going on? How did you get here?" Jasmine asked.

Nick looked at her in a way that said he had no reason to provide her with any information. He answered anyway.

"I had a strange feeling that someone was around this area so I went to make a round this morning," he looked at Ray, continuing the rest to him. "I sensed another one of us. I couldn't trust their intentions so for the sake of Robyn's safety I tailed you guys."

Jasmine's heart rate picked up a beat. Nick was able to sense Jacob. She felt her claws in her palms, knowing she was drawing blood now.

Nick looked at the wolf still limp by the tree. "Seems like I was a little late. He was very good at hiding his scent and movement. All I had were my instincts and they lead me here," he looked back at Ray.

Ray gave a nod. "Jasmine?"

She gave a start, looking at Ray. If he was suspicious the slightest bit--Jasmine stopped before she made her anxiety obvious to Nick and Ray.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem to be bleeding," his eyes never left hers as he spoke.

Jasmine slowly removed her claws from her flesh and pulled her hand from behind her back.

"It's... It's nothing big," the wound on her palm was already healing. In a few seconds it disappeared completely, blood and all. The tension left her shoulders as Ray looked back at Nick.

Jasmine knew they were using mind link. Nick gave a slight nod and walked towards the wolf. She held her breath, her mind going into frenzy to stop Nick somehow.

"Woah, Nick,"

Caleb appeared from somewhere in the woods, coming to a stop next to Jacob. Jasmine let out the breath she'd been holding.

'Caleb, you have great timing.' She spoke to Caleb through their mind link, trusting he would handle from here.

"Dude I'm glad you were able to track him. I was hoping you would so I tailed you instead," he gave Nick a smile.

Jasmine knew Caleb must have sensed Jacob better--he gave Jacob training after all. Perhaps he stayed back to keep suspicions off him.

Jasmine felt Jacob's connection light up. He had gained consciousness.

'Jacob, you fool!' Jasmine spoke to him through mind link. 'Don't move a muscle. And do exactly as I say if you'd like to get out of here alive.'