BEN Drowned x Apathetic!Reader

Trigger warning, this one involves bullying. I do NOT promote this. It is a horrible thing to even think about doing. SO DON'T BULLY!!!

************************************************************************

I walked slowly to school. I was not in the right frame of mind to deal with the other students. It wasn't that they bothered me, it was just that I didn't have any friends. The only reason for that is that I show no emotion. When some one tells me something that requires emotion, I just sit there and say, "Oh." 

I try my best, I really do, but I just can't. 

Anyways, I got to the school quicker than I wanted to. 

I just walked past all the whispering kids and into the school. This was an everyday thing. I just ignore the whispers and keep going on about my day. 

This morning though, something made me go to the computer lab instead of my first class. I didn't know what it was, but it was like I wasn't myself for a moment. 

When I got there, no one was there, but there was a single item that did not belong there. 

A single Nintendo 64 cartridge. That was all it was. Nothing special about it. 

I just stared at it blankly before picking it up and putting it in my bag. I don't know why I took it, but I knew my dad had an old game system. I just had this feeling I had to play it. 

The rest of the day went by slowly. I just couldn't stop thinking about that strange cartridge. It almost seemed familiar, in a deja vu kinda way. I have never actually seen it before, but at the same time, it felt familiar.

Once the day was over, I was at my locker gathering my stuff like usual, and like usual, two of the most prissy, and "perfect" girls came up to me. 

"Oh. Look who it is." They tried to copy the way that I talk, but failed horribly. To other people, I sound monochrome, so they tried to sound monochrome as well. 

"Hey. Look at me you emotionless freak." 

I just ignored her and kept gathering my stuff. Most of the time, if I do ignore them, they will leave me alone.

Sadly, today was not one of those days. 

She grabbed my shoulder and turned me around forcefully until I was facing her. I just gave her a blank look. It's not like I could do anything else. Well, I could fight back....if I knew how to fight. 

"I said look at me!"

"But I am looking at you now. There is no need to yell at me." I just stared at her and waited for her next move.

"Really? Are you seriously back-talking me? Did you not learn from last time?" She smirked a small bit before shoving me back hard and my head hit the edge of the locker with a loud thud.

I could feel a bit of blood trickle down the back of my head and onto the back of my shirt and neck. A stinging pain surrounded my head now, but I couldn't show that it hurt. I just reached my hand around the back of my head and covered it with my own blood. 

I pulled my hand away and stared at it for a good moment before looking back up at the two girls. The one who shoved me was looking at her friend and was giggling along with her. 

The second girl noticed me staring and whispered something to the one who shoved me. 

 The first girl turned to face me again before I wiped my blood covered hand on her arm then sprinting as fast as I could out of the school and towards my house. Before I was even out the doors, I could hear her earsplitting scream. 

I didn't smile though. I kept a blank face before making it around the few turns to get to my house. I needed to get my wound cleaned before my dad got home from work. He didn't know about my small problem, and it will stay that way. He has been through enough already.

It was only when I was rummaging through my bag, I remembered the game that I found. I dumped out the contents of my bag onto my bed and quickly found the game again. I hurried to my dad's room and dug out his old system out of his closet and brought it to my room. I hooked it up to my T.V. and plugged it in. 

I placed the cartridge into the game slot and waited for the game to start. 

While I waited, I started to wrap my head to stop the bleeding some, seeing that I was bleeding pretty badly. 

I had my back to the game, that started on its own and chose the file that was already saved onto it. I didn't notice any of this though. I was too busy tending to my other wounds that I got the day before. 

I had my shirt off, so the only thing I was wearing at the moment was my (f/c) bra, and my black shorts. My (h/c) hair was down and sort of messy because of the bandages. 

My mind was focused on the soothing music that had filled my room that I didn't seem to notice the extra pair of hands helping me to get my bandages on to help my one-day-old wounds heal.

"Thanks..." I muttered it, not really thinking I would get a response.

"You're welcome."

I didn't recognize the voice, so you would see why I froze for a moment before turning around. 

I saw a boy with messy blonde hair and black eyes with red pupils. Blood was dripping from his eyes as well. His skin was pale in my opinion, like someone who doesn't get out much. His clothes were made up of a green tunic and some same color shorts. He was also wearing some brown boots. There was a sword strapped to his back. I thought he looked interesting, considering I knew he wasn't human from the looks of it.

"Oh."

"Really? A random boy is in your house and all you say is 'Oh'. Anyways, that doesn't matter. What happened to you?" He sounded concerned. He also glitched when he spoke. It was cool to say the least. 

"What do you mean?" I do not need this strange, and random boy I don't even know, to concern themselves about my condition. "I could ask you the same thing."

"Fair enough. My name is BEN and I am a ghost. I was gonna kill you, but then  I saw all those scars on you. I figured that you had it hard enough, so I'm not gonna kill you."

That sounded a bit strange, but it was believable. I just nodded a bit. "Well BEN, my name is (y/n). Just so you know, I'm apathetic. Do you know what that means?"

He just nodded. Good. At least I don't have to explain that to him. 

"I do, but I don't care. You look like you need a friend." He smiled a bit, and I could see his pointed teeth clearly now. 

I just sighed a bit. "That won't last long, but sure. Why not. I have nothing else to lose."

He took on a brighter tone. "Wait, really? I thought you were gonna turn me down or something. Anywho, we are gonna have so much fun!" 

He acts like a little child. But, maybe I just needed a change. This might just be good for me. 

####################################################

Here y'all  go! Another one done! 

Until next update my little moons ~