81: You Always Will Be My Family

Hey everyone! I'm loving my return to Wattpad this past month. It's been so much fun honestly. I really liked the last chapter I put out. However, I do feel like improvements could have been made to make it better and longer but eh, it's okay as it is. I really like this premise of this chapter as I've tied in something from last chapter into this chapter.

I'm not sure how long I'll keep up this regular posting but I'll try and make it every so often. At the moment I have this and another work I'm working on. The way I'm working is I finish writing a part or chapter for one and then work on the other after I've published it. I go back and forth lol. I'm rambling now.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------

A few days have passed since Harley had her off day. Ivy told Christie about what was wrong with Harley that evening after Harley decided to sleep early. Ivy didn't go into detail and she didn't have too for Christie to understand. She knew Harley came from a very problematic and traumatic past, especially with her ex. However, Christie never really got to know Harley in that part of her life. She felt a little bad for not getting to know Harley more other than just hanging out for a little bit when they can which had only happened a few times. Yesterday Christie hardly saw Harley which saddened her a little. She wanted to make sure she was okay.

It was now two days since the day and Ivy is out for the day to deal with some work. She had left really early that morning so both Harley and Christie didn't see her at all. The time was 8:39 in the morning. Christie were in her bed and staring up at the ceiling. She turned her head to the side to look at her phone on the side next to her bed. Christie picked up her phone and looked at her lock screen which consisted of a picture she took of Harley and Ivy together. She smiled fondly at the memory it sparked. Christie unlocked her phone and went into her messages and typed in a message to Harley.

Christie: Hey, you awake?

Her thumb hovered over the send button. She then hit send and waited. Christie stared at the screen and waited for Harley to reply. She looked up the ceiling and let her mind wander for a few moments. Christie's phone suddenly vibrated. Her eyes looked back at her phone.

Harley: I'm awake, ya can come in. I'm borrrrred

Christie smiled and replied quickly before stretching. She then got out of bed. Christie expected it to be cold since she were only in a tank top and thin pyjama bottoms but it were surprisingly warm so she didn't bother with her dressing gown. Christie made her way out of her room and made her way to the other bedroom. Christie entered Harley's room and smiled. Harley were tucked up under the covers with a smile on her face. Christie walked over the bed and hopped on beside Harley. "Sup sis" Christie greeted. "Nothing" Harley giggled. Christie was happy that Harley was back to her normal self again. "Since we're gonna be spending the day together, what do you wanna do?" Christie asked. "I dunno Chrissy, what do you wanna do?" Harley shrugged. "I don't mind" Christie smiled.

The pair laid in silence for a few moments. "Uhm... Harley? About a few days ago" Christie began awkwardly. "Oh uh yeah... It was just an anniversary of something" Harley spoke up nervously. "Y-yeah I know... Harley, I've been thinking... We haven't hung out much and... We haven't really talked about certain things and stuff. I mean, I love hanging out with you when we can but... It'd be nice if like we knew each other more cause you mean a lot to me" Christie revealed.

Harley nodded in response and played with the covers with her hands. "Do... do you wanna know more about my past?" Harley asked. "I'd love too but if you don't want too-" Christie began. "Nah... it's okay" Harley interrupted. Christie could see Harley was really apprehensive so she looped her arm with Harley's for reassurance. "About four years ago, I was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. One of my patients was The Joker... I fell in love with him and I became known as Harley Quinn. I was really obsessed and madly in love with him... But... It wasn't real... He rarely reciprocated my feelings and when he did, it was in a cruel way. Heh, that's one way to describe everything he ever did to me. Cruel" Harley began as Christie listened closely.

"For a long time, we were a duo I guess. Causing trouble and tried to take down the bat. As the years went by, he... he abused me badly on multiple occasions for different reasons. Whenever I'd make a mistake, small or not he'd hurt me... It got worse when he's hurt me when I didn't do anything wrong and was just angry" Harley went on, her voice growing increasingly shaky. "Sometimes... he'd beat me up so badly, I was lucky to walk away alive. He used anything from a crowbar to his own fists. He didn't care, as long as it hurt me then he was happy... I'm lucky to even be walking when he threw me out of a building" Harley revealed. Christie was in shock at how sick and twisted The Joker was. She felt increasing angry and wished she was able to confront the twisted clown, however she knew that may not be a good idea.

"It took a long time to realize that... He didn't love me... He never cared. I was just used by him. He used his sick manipulation to keep me chained to him but... I eventually broke free. I didn't want to be round him anymore and I wanted to be normal. I wanted to be happy and normal. So I left him and my life of crime and stayed with red from then on" Harley told Christie.

Christie felt heartbroken at what Harley went through She was so relieved that throughout all the trauma and pain, Harley managed to find happiness and was here right now. Even though Harley was scarred physically and mentally for life, Harley is happier and somewhat free now. Harley sighed before continuing on. "The only thing is I've always felt bad cause red told me so many times to leave him and... I didn't... I should have listened to her but I was so scared to leave him at the time" Harley admitted. "Harley, I'm sure she understands completely. I know my sister and I know through her hard layer of skin, she's as caring as can be. She loves you so much and don't you forget that" Christie told Harley. "Ya think so?" Harley asked. "I know so, girl" Christie smiled warmly.

After a few moments, Christie's expression changed to a little more serious. "You went through a really terrible time and horrific time... But I'm so happy you're here now, with the best girlfriend anyone could possibly have. I only wish I was there too, to have helped you through it all" Christie told Harley. "Really? Why?" Harley wondered. "Duh, cause I really care about you!" Christie laughed, shaking Harley a little and making her giggle. "You've made my sister so happy and I can't thank you enough. I'm so happy you have each other and I want you to know that you're my family Harley. Whatever happens, you are my family and don't you forget it" Christie smiled. "Yeah?" Harley said with a grin. "Yup, you're my... little sister" Christie laughed, causing Harley to laugh. "I wouldn't want any other sister than you" Harley replied. Christie wrapped her arm round Harley and they enjoyed the bond they had strengthened in such a short amount of time...

--------------------

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. You may have noticed that Ivy was absent in this chapter. I really wanted to focus on Harley and Christie in this chapter as much as possible and explore their friendship/relationship as they have barely hung out since I introduced Christie. Plus Christie is probably my most favourite character I have written. Do follow me on Instagram; link is down below or search: jakewales97. If you have any questions or want advice etc, feel free to message me through Wattpad or Instagram. Post your thoughts about this chapter in the comments below.

Also, check out my original FanFiction based on Luna and Sam from The Loud House, called: "You & I". That would be amazing!

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'Skin'. See you all next time!