68: Making A Choice

Hey everyone! Hope you all enjoyed the last two chapters. Before this chapter starts, I would like to welcome and say thank you to all my new readers for reading and voting. I acknowledge that I always get new readers all the time and I want to say that I am truly grateful for you all for taking time out and for reading my FanFiction. I hope you all are enjoying the fanfic as much as I am.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
Harley sighed as she stood in the doorway of the back door. She watched Ivy move around outside her green house. Since Ace's attack and Christie's revelation a few days ago, Ivy has been very reserved and has barely spoken a word. Harley knows how much Christie means to Ivy. And now, she's leaving; going so far away it would be difficult for the pair to see each other very often. Christie had just become a part of Ivy's life and now it felt like it was being taken away from her. Harley moved from the door and sat down on the top step leading to the back door. She couldn't bare it any longer. Harley needed to do something.

Ivy sighed to herself as she stared at some of the plants. Flashes of Christie appeared in her mind. Tears started to form in her eyes. She was hurting. Ivy never realised how much having a sister or even a family member would mean to her. She thought having Harley would be enough but after Christie found her and they spent time together, it became clear that she needed Christie in her life too. Christie was different and Ivy could not explain it. All Ivy knew is she needs both Harley and Christie in her life. Harley stood up from the step and went back inside the house through the back door. She then picked up the phone and dialled a number. Harley waited for a few moments before a voice spoke on the other end. "Hey, it's Harley... Uhm... Could you come and see us. It's red" Harley said softly.

Later that day in the evening, Harley and Ivy were on the sofa together watching the TV. The pair hadn't spoken much all day. Ivy tried to not let Christie leaving get to her but it was impossible. Ivy sighed softly. "I'm going to bed early" Ivy told Harley. "Me too" Harley perked up; moving up so Ivy could get up. After getting ready, the pair climbed into bed. Both Harley and Ivy laid on their backs and stared at the ceiling. They laid in silence for a few minutes.

"Red?" Harley said softly, looking at Ivy. "Yeah Harl?" Ivy replied. "Are you... Are you mad at me for going after Ace on my own?" Harley asked, playing with her fingers. Ivy turned her head to look at Harley. "I think that you were silly and a little crazy... Thinking about it scares me a little, knowing you could've died" Ivy began. Harley looked into Ivy's eyes as Ivy placed a hand on Harley's cheek. "But... A bigger part of me is proud of you; proud of you for taking her down on your own. It shows how tough you really are and you don't always need me... And it showed how much of a badass my baby is" Ivy added, smiling slightly. This caused Harley to crack a smile. "Okay... I just wanted to make sure ya wasn't mad at me" Harley stated. "Of course not" Ivy replied. Harley nodded, looking down at her fingers. "Red? Are you okay?" Harley asked. Ivy didn't reply. Harley looked up at Ivy. Her eyes were focused on her fingers playing with a strand of Harley's hair. She then looked up and into Harley's eyes. "I don't know" Ivy replied before turning onto her back again. Harley rolled over and laid on her side with her back to Ivy. She chewed her bottom lip nervously. Ivy's eyes watered in sadness as she stared at the ceiling. She then closed her eyes, letting a tear drop roll down the side of her face.

Ivy slowly started to wake up the following morning. She turned over onto her back and then to her side to face Harley but she were gone. Ivy sat up in bed and heard voices coming from downstairs. Ivy quickly got changed and went downstairs. She entered the living room and stopped when she saw Jane. "Hey Pamela" She smiled slightly. "Hey Jane" Ivy replied. Harley didn't say anything. She stood up, walked towards Ivy and kissed her cheek softly before leaving the room and going upstairs. "I think we need to have a talk" Jane said, offering a space next to her on the sofa. Ivy nodded, walked over and sat down next to Jane.

Ivy sighed softly. "Jane... I don't know what to do, or say or feel" Ivy stated, rubbing her eye in slight frustration. Jane nodded and placed a hand on her back. "I know Pamela, I know" Jane replied softly. "She's just come into my life; we've got to know each other and have become close and now... Now she's leaving and I'll barely get to see her" Ivy told her. Jane didn't say anything, still comforting her. "I don't know what to say or feel Jane" Ivy added, placing her face in her hands. "What do you want to do?" Jane asked. There was a pause before Ivy lifted her head and looked at Jane with teary eyes.

"I want to go with her Jane... I can't stay here while she's living in another city, hundreds of miles away. I want me, Christie and Harley together" Ivy replied. "But something is stopping you" Jane noticed. Ivy nodded in reply. "It's Harley..." Ivy began. "Harley won't agree Jane... How do I tell Harley that I want to go with Christie and leave Gotham?" Ivy revealed sadly. As Jane sighed and placed a hand on Ivy's shoulder, Harley was standing just outside the room with her back leaning on the wall. She had heard everything...
--------------------
Poor Ivy, she gets the one thing she never asked for but overtime realised; what she wanted and it's now ripped away from her. Harley is everything to Ivy and all she wants. But having a sister is different. It's as if Ivy has found a part of her that was lost. This is what makes Christie so important to her; just as Harley is important to Ivy. Both girls mean so much to Ivy and she loves them so much.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Post your thoughts in the comments below.

My Wattpad Instagram Account: https://www.instagram.com/jakewales97/?hl=en

Next chapter is titled: 'Harley and Ivy's Announcement'. See you all next time!