38: Harley's First Day

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a great week. I don't have a lot to tell you today other than this isn't as cute as previous chapters as it does focus on Harley more in this chapter. Also, this fanfiction won't be going on a break after when chapter 40 is released but it will go on a break shortly after.

I may release two chapters today but I'm not sure as I'm surviving on a few hours sleep today. I watched Titanic for the first time and I didn't sleep till four in the morning so I'm pretty drained. Especially as it was THREE HOURS LONG!! Ah well, I've watched it now and I can make my friend happy now that I've watched it haha.

Anywayyyyyyy! On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

Harley entered the kitchen and sat down at the table. Ivy placed Harley's breakfast on the table. "Thanks red" Harley said. Ivy sat down opposite Harley with her breakfast in front of her. "Looking forward to your first day baby?" Ivy asked with a smile. Harley nodded in response. Ivy eyed her as she took a bite of her breakfast. "I know you're nervous Harl" Ivy began. Harley looked at Ivy. "How'd you know?" Harley asked. Ivy smiled. "I know you very well. Look, it's okay to be nervous. But don't worry. You'll make friends. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you? Your funny and gorgeous" Ivy went on. "Yeah" Harley agreed. "As long as they see your funny side only" Ivy added with a smirk. Harley giggled. "Yeah, don't wanna get jealous again do we red?" Harley grinned. Ivy smiled and shook her head. "Eat your breakfast" Ivy replied.

"See you later baby and have good day" Ivy told Harley, kissing her before Harley left the car. "I will, bye baybee!" Harley replied with a big smile. Harley leaned in and kissed Ivy before getting out the car and waving at Ivy as she drove away.

Harley took a deep breath as she stared at the big building in front of her. She took another deep breath and walked towards the building. The corridors were filled with students heading in different directions. Some were in a hurry; other's walked slowly and talked to the person or people they were with. Harley walked nervously through one of the corridors. She tried asking a few of the students on the room she's in. However the people she asked either did not hear her or just ignored her.

Eventually, Harley found a room where there were a few students. Two of them looked at Harley. They could tell she was very nervous. "Hey" One of them said. Harley looked at them and slowly walked over. "Hi uhm I'm looking for the art room?" Harley asked. "We've got a lesson their, we're new. Are you?" The other student asked. Harley nodded. "Hi, my name's Jinx and this here is my friend Jessie" Jinx introduced. "Harley Quinn, pleased to meet ya" Harley replied, extending her hand out.

The art lesson consisted at first with getting to know everyone in the classroom. Then they were set a small task of painting a part of the classroom they were in. Harley has always drawn portraits of people but when she finished her painting, it looked pretty good. It was one of the best in the class. The teacher had a few tips but apart from that, he was impressed. Jinx and Jessie also gave Harley positive comments on her work. Harley felt really happy. She had made friends, in a nice big classroom doing something she loved.

At lunch, Harley walked with Jessie and Jinx. They grabbed something to eat at the shops then went back to the college to sit, talk and eat their lunch. Harley told them how she used to be a much different person to now. Now she was on the straight and narrow and is much happier in life. Jinx revealed she was also doing the right thing from now on and staying out of trouble. She told both girls that she was living in a shared accommodation. Jessie came from Central City in attempts to have a more normal and simple life. After lunch, they went back to lesson and set with a task which required them to work in four's. Harley, Jinx and Jessie teamed up with another student in the class and did their task together.

Eventually the day came to an end. Although Harley was sad, she was excited to see Ivy and tell her about her day. Harley said goodbye to her two new friends and made her way to meet Ivy. Harley walked, humming happily and with a smile on her face.

"Hey baby, good first day?" Ivy greeted Harley, hugging her and kissing her. "Yeah, it was good. I was really nervous at first but I made two friends and my lesson were amazing" Harley replied. "That's great Harl, I'm glad" Ivy smiled, her arms still round Harley. "Thanks red for letting me study art at college" Harley said. "It's okay, it was a great idea and if it's something you want to do and love to do then I'll make sure you'll do it" Ivy replied. Harley smiled as she stared into Ivy's eyes. "Come on, I'm taking you out to eat" Ivy smiled, kissing Harley on the lips...

--------------------

Hope you all enjoyed, got more of a cuter chapter next I reckon you will all enjoy. You can probably guess what it's about by the title below lol. I know chapters recently have been a bit odd and different from before but things will change. I don't want to reveal too much on what's coming up as well, it would be telling ;)

If you didn't know, both Jessie and Jinx are in the DC Universe. Jinx is a Teen Titan's villain and Jessie is known as Jessie Quick and actually comes from The Flash. They won't be regulars like Harley's work friend. Actually, just to clarify as well she won't be coming back to the fanfic.

Next chapter is titled: 'The Babysitters'. See you all next chapter.