W is for Wars

Why did all of his children want to leave him?

Was there something wrong with him?

He had to go to war with so many of them, he didn't want to go to war with his babies. But he didn't want them to get independence either.

He knew that they couldn't just stay with him forever.

But did they have to leave him?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"No."

Diego and Maria just stared at him, "What do you mean no?" Diego asked.

"I mean no," he responded, "I won't allow it."

"We want our independence," Diego said a bit annoyed.

"And I said no," Spain responded looking at his son.

Diego's eyes narrowed, Maria put an hand on her brother's arm to calm him down. She looked at Spain, "Papi, please."

England didn't give America his independence after he asked so they had to go to war. She didn't want them to have to do that with Spain.

Spain shook his head, "I'm sorry Princesa but I won't allow it."

"Our people want to be free!! We want to be free!!" Diego said pissed.

"Your too young, you won't make it. The world's not that nice Diego," He said firmly a little pissed.

Diego did a dry bitter laugh, "You know Al, told us what England said to him after he asked for independence. Your kinda saying the same thing. And guess what Padre?" He said bitterly, "He won and his population is huge."

Spain's eyes narrowed, "Don't bring him into this," England and Ameica didn't have the best relationship at the moment. He didn't want that with him and the Mexicos.

"If you had gave us our independence, I wouldn't have," He said smugly, "If you won't give it to us nicely then we'll have to fight and take it."

Spain's eyes widened. He didn't want to go to war with his children.

Diego was smirking and looking his father straight in the eye. He stood up not losing eye contact with his father. And put his hands on Spain's desk and leaned forward, "Now, I'm gonna tell you one last time Antonio. Give us our independence."

Maria was praying for her brother.

"Go to your room."

"Afraid we'll win?"

"Go to your room," He said more firmly.

Diego rolled his eyes and stood up, he walked out.

Spain still looked pissed but his eyes softened when he looked at Maria who was looking at the door. She looked back at him before getting up and walking out too.

He didn't stop her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He loved his children more then anything.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 

Spain woke up and heard footsteps. It was like one in the morning. He got up and reached for his axe before walking out of the room.

"What are you two doing?"

Diego and Maria were at the door, Diego opened it before turning to Spain, "I, Diego Hernandez Carriedo Martinez, the representative of North Mexico," He started.