C is for Cold 👎

Dominican Republic's human name is Nidia Castillo Reynoso  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nidia woke up with a sore throat and a hurting stomach. She felt extremely tired. But she just woke up.

Even if she though she really wanted nothing more than to stay in bed for the rest of the day she still had to get up and go to the world meeting which was being held in Spain.

Usually when there was a meeting in one of her siblings or fathers' countries she would stay over with them. But lately she hasn't been feeling so good. For the pass 2 days she's been having headaches.

She didn't think too much of it though only shaking them off as she was a bit dehydrated. 

The girl forced herself up out of bed and got herself ready. She didn't really bother brushing her hair since all she wanted to do was sleep. After a little coughing fit she made herself some tea to sooth her throat. A skill she learned from her English father.   

She felt her forehead which was a bit warm but she felt noting but chills. She took some cough medication and left hoping she would feel better at the meeting.

She didn't even bother to eat breakfast.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Timeskip brought to you by 'It's finally Spring Break !!!!!!!!'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When she got to Spain a few of her fellow Caribbean siblings could immediately tell that something was wrong.

She was bombarded with questions of  'Are you okay ?'

"Guys I'm fine I promise you." She replied.    

But a few of them mentioned about telling their parents. At least 1 of them and somehow the other 2 would find out. They had their ways.

But she didn't want them to worry about her. She was an independent country who could take care of herself without her parents worrying over her.

Her siblings still kept an eye on her.

"Are you sure." Dominica and Haiti asked at the same time.

Her throat hurt way too much to speak and her head was spinning. So she just nodded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The meeting was taking forever. At least that's what it seemed like to Nidia. She just wanted to go to sleep. But she kept her head up and pretended like everything was okay so that she wouldn't have people crowding around her asking her what's wrong.

It's just a little fever anyway, no big deal She thought        

But across the table her parents, the same people she didn't want knowing that she was sick were watching her closely.

They all shared a look, their child was sick and was trying to hide it.

But the 3 of them each knew for 3 different reasons.

France knew because he had taught all his kids how to take care of their hair. When he saw Nidia, her hair was a mess and she kept wincing every time she drink water from her water bottle and when he asked if she was ok she closed her eyes like she had a headache and lied yes before giving him a face smile.

England knew because when he saw Nidia she looked tired and was shivering. When he offered her his jacket she just said she was fine, gave him a face smile, lied yes and walked off.