Unexpected

Third Person's point of view

"Eomma?"

Seulgi said looking at the person on the door. Taeyeon snapped from being shocked and pulled the person inside the house.

"Oh my god , Tiffany (SNSD)! What happened to you?!" Taeyeon said as she pulled Tiffany's wet coat off her. She told Irene to get a towel and Seulgi initiatively went to the kitchen to make a hot drink for her mother.

Taeyeon (for those who doesn't know. SNSD) She accompany Tifanny to her room and made her change to clean dry clothes. After that, they all gathered at the living room. Seulgi put the hot drink on the table in front of her mother. Taeyeon and Tiffany sat together while Seulrene sat beside each other.

"Eomma, what happened?" Seulgi asked worriedly. She can see sadness and stress on her mother's face even her eyes were so puffy that indicates that she cried a lot.

"Mianhe, Seulgi-ya" Tiffany said as her voice cracked in every word. She can't look at Seulgi in the eyes and just looked down at the floor and tears starting to form from her eyes.

Seulgi got worried while anticipating on what her mother is going to say. Irene held her hand to calm her. Tiffany took the cup to feel the warmth that's coming from the drink. She let out a big sigh after and finally looked at Seulgi after gathering all her courage.

"Your father and I decided to have divorce in the US" Tifanny confessed the bad news to Seulgi. Taeyeon, Irene and Seulgi got all shocked from the news.

"Oh dear" Taeyeon reacted upon hearing her best friend's statement.

"Wait. What? Wh-what happened? Why?" Seulgi asked consecutively in disbelief.

"He cheated on me. He had an affair with a woman there that's why he suggested for us to migrate to that place." Tiffany explained sadly.

Seulgi can't believe what she just heard. She was trying to find the right words to say but wasn't able to form a word. The last picture of her family in her mind was happy, bright and overflowing with love and didn't know that there was darkness behind it.

"I knew that he has been having an affair for quite some time now and I tried to hold it in because I believe that it was my fault, Seulgi-ya. " Tiffany added looking at the speechless Seulgi.

"I guess I wasn't enough. I admit to myself that I'm not enough for your father to be contented" Tiffany continued.

"Shhhh. It's not your fault. I saw you tried your best in that relationship. He just doesn't know how to be contented" Taeyeon comforted patting Tiffany's shoulder and giving a comforting smile.

"I'm sorry that we didn't let you know before getting a divorce." Tiffany said turning to look at her daughter. Seulgi shook her head and forced a smile to her mother.

Seulgi approached her mother and hugged her.

"It must be hard on you, Eomma." Seulgi whispered to her mother.

"Have a rest. I will try to contact Appa (Father). I want to hear a word from him" Seulgi added. Tiffany took an envelope from her hand bag and gave it to Seulgi.

"I don't know if you will be able to contact him but he gave me that letter for you." Tiffany said while Seulgi was looking at the neatly sealed white envelope. She nodded and went upstairs.

Tiffany turned to Irene who was left on the sofa looking at Seulgi as she went upstairs. Irene turned to look at Tifanny.

"She must be your daughter?" Tiffany asked Taeyeon.