Confessions

Seulgi's point of view

I was about to leave the room when I heard Irene talked in a serious tone. She asked if I could skip my routine of going somewhere today. It gave me chills on my spine. I slowly turned to her. I could see her serious face. 'She's being serious now' I thought.

After that, the next thing I know was that she's complaining about me not telling her where I always go and she hates when I'm happy with other people she doesn't know and people touching me intimately. "Is Irene-unnie jealous?" I was confused. I wanted to ask her why she was acting that way but before I could say a thing she gestured me not to talk. The next thing she said made me sad. That she was sorry for what she did when she was drunk. I don't know. I guess I was being delusional that she would actually mean that. Wait?! I want her to mean it?! Why?! She's my unnie?! Yes,we're not real siblings but we acted like that for the past months together. I grew to like Irene when I got to know her more and we grew closer and I thought that I just like her as my unnie but I guess that may not be the case anymore, after what I felt when she said she's sorry about that kiss. I can feel a pain in my chest. I can feel tears starting to form in my eyes but then I heard something unexpected.

"I like you, Seulgi-ya!"

"No. I think I love you.. Kang Seulgi"

A firmed voice came from this small girl in front of me. I was speechless because of her sudden confession. I don't know what to react. I could feel my heartbeat racing crazily. I feel my body feeling hot all of a sudden. I almost stop breathing. I can't quite comprehend but I heard it very clearly. I want to burst in tears but this time because of happiness. But then I saw Irene cried and slid down to her knees and sat on the floor looking so weak. I ran to her and kneeled down to her holding her shoulders.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying" I asked while she was busy covering her face and crying.

"I-I was able to confess but...but your face was so unreadable. I'm scared that you would hate me' she said in between of her sobs.

I hugged her and pat her head. "Pabo, how can I hate someone like you" I whispered to her pulling her to cry on my chest. I find her cute despite being frustrated with her confession. After a few minutes, Irene stopped crying, wiped her tears and looked up to me.

"Shall we go home?" I suggested while giving her a smile.

"But you said you can't skip to where you're going today" she said looking cute even after crying.

"hmm.. that may be true.. then would you like to come?" I suggested so that she will finally know what I've been up to. She nodded slowly.

"Let's go" I took her hand and pulled her up for us to both stand up. I took her bag and started walking while holding her hand.

"I can carry my bag" she said.

"Ani. It's a punishment for making you cry." I insisted. I saw her smile shyly.

We stopped in front of the dancing club room. I opened the door and no one was there.

"Dancing club?" Irene asked.

"Nae. I auditioned for this club and I got accepted. I have been practicing after class that's why I wasn't able to go home with you." I explained.

"I need to practice the whole routine today to present to the members tomorrow." I added.

"Oooohh. I didn't know you can dance Seulgi-ya" she said. It felt different hearing my name from her. It sends butterfly to my stomach.

"I can and I'm good at it" I winked at her. I pointed an empty spot for her to sit as I prepare to practice the dance routine. I changed into comfortable clothes which were cropped white topped with black sports bra inside and a high waist black fitted shorts. Irene followed me with her eyes and scanned me from head to toe. I saw her holding her smile.