𝐎𝐍𝐄

Covent Garden, London, September 2013.

London was perhaps the last place, a young and naïve Isabel thought she would ever be. Yet, the fresh faced graduate who believed she could conquer the world, was in the city. A place where anything was possible in her eyes, a place that offered so much for so little in return. The vibrate colours of Covent Garden painted the old buildings, as Isabel weaved in and out the crowds. Tourists taking every single photo possible, children on school trips, trying to sneak away from their teachers. There in the midst of beautiful chaos, sat Isabel's friend Robyn with her usual cup of coffee. 

The bright eyed Isabel slid into the seat with an enthusiastic grin, rocking the metal table as Robyn rose a brow. Her eyes widening at the sight of her gleeful friend and roommate, as she froze on the spot. Her black chipped nails, holding the coffee cup steadily in her hand as her lips parted. Slowly, she set the white china down, her face morphing into a grin as she let out a squeal. 

Passing people, peered at the two girls as Isabel only nodded with a huge grin. Her cheeks pink, as she took a deep breath and covered her mouth. "I only went and got the job!" 

Robyn clapped her hands, stretching across the chipped green metal table, hugging her tightly. Cooing out a 'I'm so proud of you' in her ear, as the girls giggled and pulled apart. Isabel quickly catching a waitress attention, to ask for a cup of tea. 

"I can't believe it, you literally graduated two months ago and secured a job. A fucking high class job at that," Robyn continued to ramble, completely ecstatic for her friend. Though she would love to work for the company that Isabel had just landed, they were different people. Robyn was more artistic and wanted to pursue a career in animation for massive companies. Who knew, maybe draw a famed Disney princess one day. 

Thanking the waitress for her tea, Isabel slumped back in her chair with a huge grin. Staring at the beautiful blue sky above them and sighed with a content. 

"I can't believe I landed a job working for Styles Industries." 

South Bank, London, February 2014.

"Honestly, how fucking stupid can you be." 

The whole of the ninth floor was quiet, listening to the anger bursting through the office door, belonging to Thomas Henderson. His voice only seemed to grow louder, and some of the staff members wondered if the building could shake from his wrath. 

"It's not difficult, I don't even know why you got hired. You are a waste of time and resources," Henderson continued to shout, throwing the stack of folders on the floor like a child throwing a tantrum; being told they could not have any chocolate. 

There on the floor, trying to picking up the files, was a teary-eyed Isabel. The enthusiasm she once held in her eyes, disappeared along with gleeful look. The coffee stain on her shirt, a reminder of how disappointing she had become. 

"Fucking leave it, get out and don't bother coming back." 

With shaky legs, Isabel pulled herself from the floor, her fingers letting the papers slip from her hand. She didn't even bother to protest and attempt to save her job, after all she knew how this worked. She had seen poor Henry Smith get fired by Henderson last week. Oh the look on her parents face, if they found out she got fired. Their snide remarks about her not pursuing a proper job, and mocking her.