Don't forget me [Prinxiety]

~ requested ~

[Virgil's POV]

It all started when Thomas was 12. His teachers told him to be less childish and concentrate on the real world instead of daydreaming in class.

The first few times nothing happened, but the more they told him that, the worse Roman looked. His skin was pale, his hair greasy, and he was always shaking and weak.

A little after Thomas turned 13 Roman and I cuddled on the couch when Roman suddenly fell asleep. I didn't think too much about it because he was weak and looked sick, so I thought it was a power nap or something. I got him a blanket and pillow and tucked him in.

A few hours later a scream echoed through Thomas's mind. I ran downstairs and saw Roman getting dragged by seemingly nothing. I ran over to the creative side, who was holding on to the armrest of the sofa for dear life and grabbed his wrists.

I pulled and pulled but the force was so strong. "Don't forget me," Roman whispered as tears rolled down his face. That's when the force pulled once again and Roman flew through the hallway up the stairs.
I heard a loud thud and that's it. That was the last time I've ever seen my dear Prince.

Every day, I sat in front of his door and cried my eyes out.

"It's going to be alright," Patton says and sits down next to me.

"Nothing will be alright! I loved him, and now he's gone!" I choke out.

"I'm sorry, but maybe... it's time for you to move on?"

"I know that you mean well, Patton, but I can't do it! I still love him and I miss him."

"I know you do." Patton engulfs me in a big hug and lets me cry on his shoulder.

Around the time of Thomas' 17th birthday, he became very depressed and I, being the only negative side, felt that a whole lot. No doubt that the other ..2 didn't feel it, but it hit me the hardest.

Every day, I sat in my locked room, refusing to eat or drink and always pitying myself. I had my own dark bubble and got very mad when someone tried to burst it.

*Knock, knock* "Come on buddy. Please eat something." I hear Patton's worried voice.

"No!" I simply yelled, but I knew that Patton wouldn't give up. At least once a week he annoys me until I eat a whole plate, so I open the door to let him in. He sits next to me on the bed and watches me eat in silence.

"Uhm... You know Kiddo, nothing of all of that is your fault." Patton begins as I take the last bite of the pancakes. "You're just as much of a victim of this mental illness as Thomas is. We don't know the exact reason why he has it, and maybe we'll never know, but it's not your fault."

And on this day in 4 years, I felt a spark of hope, like a lighter has been turned on in the dark, so small, but so important.

I thanked him and together, Logan, Patton, and I were able to help Thomas. He went to a therapist and got better. When he was 19 he finally beat his depression. Of course, it can always come back, but we gotta be positive here and that's coming from his Anxiety.

We showed Thomas that he can find happiness in little things, so he started to sing again, do theater and be creative.

----------

It was a normal day in Thomas's mind and Logan, Patton, and I were sitting on the sofa when we heard something shatter upstairs.

We ran up and saw a man in a white suit and a red sash in front of a broken door. "Greetings wonderful citizens!" He says and my eyes immediately filled with tears when I saw him.

"...Princey." I breathed out.

"V-Virgil?" Roman says. I run over to him and hug him tightly. He puts his fingers on my chin and makes me look up at him. He then smiles before pressing his lips on mine.

After the sweet kiss, we rested our foreheads against each other. "I never forgot you," I say while a single tear rolls down my cheek.

------------------------------

A/N: This isn't an Xreader and I haven't done anything like that before, but @LuckyS   requested it, so I thought I give it a try. (I'll only write SideXside fan fictions if they're requested, so they will never be my go-to fan fiction)

I don't know about you, but I really liked it and I definitely hope you do too!
It was definitely something different, but a nice challenge! :D
Please tell me if you did or didn't like it in the comments :)

Btw, thank you guys SO SO SO much for 2.3K views and 125 votes! You guys are seriously the best!
Also thanks for all the lovely and funny comments, they really really make my day, so don't be shy and share your thoughts about different parts of the story with me and the world!

Peace out!
~ Azura011