Crash [VirgilXreader]

TW // Pregnancy, Miscarriage, Car crash

------------------------------

[Patton's POV]

Thomas, Roman, Logic, and I are sitting on the sofa when Virgil and (Y/N) came downstairs arguing. They say that they love each other but fight a lot lately.
Maybe it has something to do with (Y/N)'s hormones going crazy because she's 7 months pregnant, I don't know.

"What are you talking about? We just bought baby stuff an hour ago! And it's Saturday, I want to relax a bit!" Virgil yells.

"But we forgot so many things! Diapers, Socks, pyjamas...!" (Y/N) yells back at him.

"(Y/N), love, we have 2 months to get all this stuff."

"And we'll keep putting it off until it's too late."

"You're driving me mad!" Virgil mutters, before yelling again. "Fine, we'll go back to the mall!"

(Y/N) grabs her bag and the two walk out.

[Virgil's POV]

We walk through the rows and rows of baby clothing, (Y/N) stopping every two steps to tell me how cute a pullover is.

I really get that she's excited and all, but we have been in this store every day for the last week!

~ 2 hours later ~

We leave the mall with 2 more bags of baby stuff and head to the car.

After a 30-minute drive we round the corner to our street when someone drives into the right side of our car.

I feel a piercing pain before everything goes black.

----------

I wake up and open my eyes. A bright white light shines in my face and I cover my face with my hand.

I sit up slowly to see Thomas and the other sides on the other side of the room. Thomas says something, and they all look right at me, before making their way towards me.

"W-what happened?" I ask as they stop on one side of my bed.

"You were involved in a car crash. A drunk driver crashed into your side." Thomas explains.

"W-w-where's (Y/N)?" I ask and look around in panic. They all look at me with sad eyes.

"S-she was bleeding heavily... They're operating her right now." Logan says and my eyes fill with tears.

"D-do you guys think that..." They all look to the floor. That's when a doctor comes in.

"Mr. Sanders, you're awake. You got pretty lucky, some deep cuts and bruises, nothing dramatic. Should be good in no time." The doctor smiles.

"Where's my wife?" I ask and panic a bit as the doctor's face changes to a sad look.

"Your wife just left the operating room, she has lost your child."
Tears rush down my face and I pull off all the tubes and cables and get up slowly.

"I want to see her," I say and the doctor nods. He and the others leave the room, so I can get dressed.

I wobble out of the room and Thomas and Roman come to my sides to support me. The doctor shows us the way to the room where (Y/N) sleeps like an angel.

I sit beside her bed and take her hand.

~ The next day ~

I look up as (Y/N)'s hand moves. She opens her eyes and looks at me. "V-Virgil?"

"Yeah, I'm here," I say.

"Good." (Y/N) smiles. That's when a doctor and a nurse walk into the room.

I help her sit up after she struggled to do so by herself.

"Miss Sanders. We couldn't find anything dangerous caused by the accident, but we're very sad to tell you that your child didn't make it." The doctor says and walks out with the nurse. (Y/N) stares blankly forward and tears rush down her face. I sit next to her and hug her tightly while rubbing her back and kissing her cheek.

"I lost our child Virgil. It's all my fault! I insisted on going again! I'm so stupid!" (Y/N) says and breaks down completely.

Tears jump to my eyes again. "It's not your fault, please don't say that. Nobody could've known that something like this would happen." I say with a few voice cracks.

[Your POV]

I wake up and realize that I'm in a pool of blood. I try to move but something's holding me in place. Looking down I see a seat belt. I move my hand along the seat belt and open it. Then I look around.

Next to me is Virgil. He's bleeding heavily from his head. "Virgil? Virgil!" I try to wake him up, but he doesn't open his eyes. "Virgil! Wake up! Please!" I shake my husband, but he doesn't wake up.

Tears run down my face as people start to come out of their houses with expressions of shock on their faces. I open Virgil's seat belt, and he falls to the side and lands on my lap, his blood soaking my pants. "Please wake up Virgil. Please." I cry.

Sirens come from the distance and get louder and louder. Someone opens the car doors and I leave the car while they carefully pull out Virgil. "Breathing is weak." One of the men in uniforms says.

And that was the last thing I heard before blacking out again.

----------

I open my eyes, jump up and look around the room. I put my hands on my stomach and feel a kick. ... My baby.

The door opens and Virgil walks in. No cuts or bruises on his face. "Come on babe, get up, so we can go to the mall." He says.

"What day is it?" I ask.

"Saturday. Why?" Virgil asks confused.

"Saturday..." I mutter. "Let's not go today," I say and Virgil crosses his arms in front of his chest and leans against the door frame.

"Why?"

"I just... don't feel like going. Besides, we have 2 months to get everything, don't we? And please, let's not argue anymore at all. I love you, Virgil."

"What's gotten you in a good mood?" Virgil smirks and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Fine, fine... I love you too (Y/N)." He says and helps me get up before kissing me passionately.

------------------------------

A/N: That turned out a lot happier than I originally planned ^-^'
Oh well, I like it and I hope you do too! :)

Just wanted to thank you all for 3.3 THOUSAND reads and 166 votes! That's amazing and definitely motivates me to keep going! :)

Peace out!
~ Azura011