Happy [PattonXreader]

TW //  domestic abuse

------------------------------

[Your POV]

So tonight is the night. My parents are going to meet my boyfriend. I am super nervous and think of all the stuff that could go wrong when the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" I yell, run downstairs and open the door to reveal my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years. "Hey, Patton," I say smiling and peck him on the lips.

Patton walks in and immediately my parents are at the front door.
"Hello, Patton. My name is Anne and this is my husband, George. Welcome to our little home." My mom says with the weirdest grin ever. "Dinner is ready, darling. Why don't you show your little boyfriend the dining area?"

"Will do mom," I say and smile at her. I take Patton's hand and feel that he's shaking a lot. "You know mom, I think I'll show him the bathroom first," I say and take him upstairs.

"Are you alright?" I ask when my parents couldn't hear us anymore.

"Your parents are kind of... terrifying?" Patton whispers. "Your mom had this creepy grin and your dad glared at me."

"I don't know what's up with them. Maybe they just want to test you. Don't be nervous, they'll love you." I say, peck his lips, and actually show him the bathroom before going downstairs again.

~ 20 minutes later ~

"So Patton, what do you want to do when you finish school?" My dad asks and looks at Patton intensely.

"Uhm... My... brothers and I have a YouTube channel and we... Uhm... actually make some good money already." Patton says and fidgets with my fingers under the table.

"So no real job?" My dad keeps staring.

"No sir," Patton says shy.

"This dinner is over. Patton, go home, you two are done." My father says suddenly.

"What?! No! Why?" I ask and hold on to Patton's hand.

"(Y/N), you need a boyfriend who can take care of you and has a real job! Their little online video thing can fail like that." My dad snaps. "Patton is not the right guy for you!"

"What are you talking about? I love Patton!" I say and tears start to leave my eyes and roll down my face.

"Not anymore!" My dad grabs my wrist and forcefully pulls me away from Patton. "Go! Now!" He says and points to the door.

Patton's head sinks to the floor. "Yes sir." With that, he leaves. I hear the door close and my dad lets go of my wrist.

"What the fuck dad!?" I ask through tears.

"It's for your own good!" He yells at me.

"For my own good? No! I... I... I hate you!" Before I can turn around my father slaps me. I catch myself on the table and feel my cheek getting hot and stinging. I run upstairs and lock my door.

I cried for about half an hour until I heard my dad scream at the football match on TV, that's when I got an idea.

I grab my bag and put in some clothes and my phone charger. I carefully open the windows and look down. That's higher than I thought it'd be... I think and swallow the big lump that's been building in my throat. But hey, I haven't been a cheerleader for 12 years to fail at sneaking out of the house.

I carefully sit on the outside windowsill, hold onto the frame of my window, slide down, so I am hanging, and I let go.
I fall for a second and land on my feet before stumbling over and hurting my ankle. "Shit!" I mutter, get up and get away from the house quickly, before my parents or the neighbors notice me.

I limp to Patton's house, which is just 10 minutes away.

[Patton's POV]

I arrive home and start to cry. Thomas and the other sides are at my side immediately and ask me what happened. (In Anxiety's case it was "How did you mess it up?")

I explain everything and calm down a bit when I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see (Y/N). "(Y/N)? How did you get here? What are you doing here? What happened to your face? Why are you limping?" I ask, pick her up bridal style, and carry her into the living room.

She explains what happened after I left and how she got here, while she's sitting on my lap, and I am holding her close to me.

(Y/N) flinches a bit while Logan checks her ankle. "Just a sprained ankle. I'm gonna tape it, and it should be good in no time." Logan says and walks out to get everything he needs.

"Why are you here (Y/N)?" I ask.

"I can't let you go. You're the only thing that makes me happy, and I don't want to lose you. I love you Patton." (Y/N) says.

"I love you too," I say and peck her on the lips as Logan walks back in.

[Your POV]

"Mom and Dad said that they wouldn't mind you staying here for a bit if you want (Y/N)," Logan says as he tapes my ankle.

"Thank you. I think I will." I smile.

So the next 3 days I slept in Patton's bed next to him and every day my parents would bombard me with messages and calls, asking where I was.

One week later I decided to go home - With Patton.

I take out my key, unlock the door, take Patton's hand and walk inside. My parents quickly walk into the hallway but stop when they see me with Patton.

"You!" My dad says angry and stomps towards us.

"Dad, stop!" I say and walk in front of Patton. "I love him, and he's one of the few people that make me happy. You're either gonna accept that... or I'm gonna leave."

"(Y-Y/N) you can't do that!" My mom says and puts her hand in front of her mouth.

"It's your choice," I say and pull Patton upstairs into my room.
"I love you, Patton," I say and hug him tightly after I closed my door.

Half an hour later my parents walk into the room. "We decided that we want you to be happy, so we won't tell you who to love."

I smile and thank my parents then they leave my room.

~ 2 months later ~

Today is the day of our graduation. In the evening Patton and I meet in the park near my house and sit under the big tree, watching the sunset.

After a few minutes of silence, Patton speaks up. "What are you thinking about?" He asks and kisses my temple.

"Nothing. I just... I'm happy."