Open-mic-night [RomanXreader]

[Your POV]

I get on the stage with my ukulele, shaking more than I ever have. I sit on the stool and look around. There are around 100 people here.
Taking a deep breath in and out I start to play 'Would you be so kind' by Dodie and pretend that I'm sitting on my bed alone in my room.

I get through the song and the audience starts clapping. I thank them and leave the stage, making my way to the bar I see a man in strange clothes. He's dressed completely in white with a red sash.

"Hey, just a cola please."

"Coming right up."

I open my bag and search for my wallet.

"My treat." Someone behind me says. I look up to see the very same man that I saw before. He gives the bartender some money and turns around to leave.

"Hey, Mr. No-name-kid. So who might you be?" I ask and pray that he gets my reference.

"Greetings and salutations. I'll end the suspense. I'm Roman Sanders, RS for short, but no one actually calls me that." He says and winks at me.

"Well, Mr 'RS for short' what are you doing in a bar like this? And don't start singing please." I say and laugh.

"I actually just wanted to leave my house. My... brothers are arguing, and I can't stand that." Roman explains.

"I know that feeling. That's why I'm here. Ran away from home 2 years ago after arguing with my family, and now I play small gigs to afford the essentials." I smile and Roman sits down on the stool next to mine.

"I'm... sorry to hear that. Why don't you tell me more about yourself?"

Roman and I talk until late at night. We exchange numbers, and he goes home, I stay in a guest room at the bar.

[Roman's POV]

The next day I enter the bar again and turn to the bartender. "Hey, have you seen (Y/N)? The person that played Ukulele here yesterday?"

"They left earlier today. I don't know where they are."

I sigh and take out my phone, selecting their contact I put my phone to my ear.
After five rings I give up and lock my phone. I decide to stay a bit longer, perhaps they're coming back soon.

~  2 months later ~

Every night I came to this bar, but I have never seen (Y/N) again. They don't answer their phone and never called back, no matter how many times I leave a message.

Tonight is Open-mic-night and I decided to give it a go. I get on the stage and start to sing "Sick of losing soulmates" by Dodie.
Halfway through the song, I see them walk in. Luggage in one hand and a big backpack on their back. I finish the song and make my way through the crowd towards them.

"(Y/N)." I breathe out once I am right in front of them.

"Roman." They smile.

[Your POV]

I can't believe it. The man who never left my mind and the man who followed me in my dreams is right in front of me and... he remembers me.

"Roman," I say and smile. Roman hugs me tightly. As we break apart he leaves a kiss on my cheek, making me blush.

"Where were you?" He asks as we sit down at the bar.

"Out of town, playing at bars and clubs, earning money. By the way, I got a new phone. Someone stole my old one." I quickly give him my new number.

"I missed you." He says and looks to the floor, rubbing his neck embarrassed.

"I missed you too," I say, and he looks up at me surprised. "It's stupid, but I just couldn't forget you," I say and feel my face getting hot.

"Same here, you were always on my mind."

That's when someone spoke up. "Today, after 2 long months, (Y/N) is back to play on their ukulele."

"Gotta go," I say, grab my ukulele, quickly peck Roman's lips, and walk onto the stage. "This song is for someone who never left my mind." And just like my performance two months ago, I play 'Would you be so kind' by Dodie.