Perfect For You

Jasmine grunted, exaggerating her discomfort as Optimus led her, blindfolded from their house. He smiled, holding her hands as he backed up through the yard, feet scraping against the blades of grass. His delight only grew when he looked down and saw the developing bump that had taken up residence on Jasmine’s abdomen. His children. His children were growing inside her, healthy.

He chuckled softly, a small vision of holding the twins flashing through his mind for a few flickering moments. Jasmine’s brows rose behind the blindfold.

Jasmine: “Um . . . Optimus? Dare I ask?”

He smiled, quickly kissing her cheek, catching a quick breath of her scent.

Orion: “Just a brief thought . . . Not linked to your surprise . . . Though I promise that’s wonderful, too.”

She smiled gently and gave a small nod.

Jasmine: “All right . . .”

He planted a gentle kiss on her lips, smiling as he entered the small building. The warmth, density, moisture and scent of the air shifted inside. The cool breeze died off and the scent of warm bodies was evident. Jasmine paused, frowning slightly as she tried to pinpoint why it was such a drastic difference, or where on the property they could possibly be.

Jasmine: “Optimus . . . ? What . . . ?”

He smiled, kissing her temple quickly before sliding the blindfold from her eyes, moving so she had a full view of the ‘surprise’ he’d been promising her for days.

They stood in the center of a newly finished stable.

Several large bodies filled the building.

Half a dozen horses nickered, ears flicking as they watched the two new arrivals. Optimus grinned as Jasmine looked around the stable, taking in the appearance of the horses one by one. She blinked, a smile slowly creeping across her face. Abruptly, she laughed and jumped around, throwing her arms around Optimus tightly.

Jasmine: “You wonderful, beautiful man!”

He laughed heartily as she planted kiss after kiss on his cheeks, his temples, his lips, before darting away, examining each of the horses, one hand subconsciously drifting to her abdomen. The horses were beautiful, well-built and sturdy, but varied in their colors from burgundy to a chocolate with a white spattering. She smiled, but noticed similar features in each of the horses; a strong neck and legs, a particular way they held themselves, and a very mild demeanor. Well, all but one, but Jasmine already knew that horse.

Jasmine: “Are they-?”

Orion: “All Friesian mixes? Yes.”

He smiled, not even giving her the time to ask. He figured she’d pinpoint the ties to her favorite breed of horse. It was only a matter of time, really. He was glad she’d gotten it so quickly.

Orion: “From Appaloosa to Thoroughbred, they’re all at least a fifty percent Friesian cross. What do you think?”

She laughed, turning back to him, eyes bright.

Jasmine: “What do I think? I think you’re a beautiful, wonderful man who’s given me the world plus horses! What did I ever do to deserve someone like you . . . ?”

He smiled, chuckling softly as he strode over, picking her up in his arms, earning him a broader smile than he’d expected.

Orion: “You’re wonderful . . . Do I need any other reason to love you?”

She laughed, shrugging, closing her eyes, the joy almost too much to waste her eyesight on. She wanted to feel this bliss with her eyes closed for once. It was the best way to feel the way it consumed her in a warm embrace.