Daniel

Jasmine blinked, stricken not only by the claim but by the way the words had been spoken.

Jasmine: "Uh . . . kid? Darling? You okay?"

Daniel: "CUT!"

The word sliced through the awkward situation, Daniel's voice loud. It had been a while since Jasmine had heard that from him. It didn't happen too often. He was usually so particular about things before the scene started that things rarely went wrong during the scene itself.

She bit her lip lightly, putting a hand lightly on Meggy's shoulder, eyes soft, whispering.

Jasmine: "Sweetheart are you okay?"

Meggy: "I . . . oh gosh . . ."

She closed her eyes.

Meggy: "I . . . I just had another memory spell. I'm so sorry!"

She apologized, embarrassed. Jasmine smiled gently, feeling very motherly towards Meggy, even if she didn't put any real stock into Meggy's outburst . . . and yet . . . the role of a young girl in her life . . . felt the need to be filled . . . as more than a mentor or protector, as a mother.

And so something about Meggy's words . . . didn't exactly ring true, but they mimcked what she needed to hear.

Jasmine: "Ssshh, it's okay, Honey. I'll get Daniel to call a break. It happens to the best of us, okay?"

She smiled gently, embracing her for a moment.

Jasmine: "It's all right . . ."

She then released Meggy and walked over to Daniel quietly. Meggy stared after her, clutching her head.

Jasmine: "Daniel, Hon, I think we should take a break. We've been working hard, so maybe we can just take it easy for a bit and work again later."

Daniel sighed, nodding.

Daniel: "I get it, Jas. You had a few moments, too, when you started out."

Jasmine blushed, looking down.

Jasmine: "I know. It wasn't easy. But the counseling helped. Not a problem anymore."

Daniel laughed lightly, tilting her head up gently.

Daniel: "Jas. It's not big deal. Things happen. After the condition I found you in, I expected as much. You deserve a break as much as anyone else. Take it easy."

He kissed her forehead briefly.

It wasn't something he did often, but when he did, she knew that he was concerned about her. He'd done it very few times.

Jasmine: ". . . Did Angel tell you about the letter?"

She whispered to him.

He just shrugged.

Daniel: "She didn't have to, Jas. I know everything about my girl."

She smiled weakly. He didn't think of her romantically, that she knew. But he was very affectionate to a select few. It was like having a brother. A very affectionate brother.

Daniel: "Now go let them know that it's break time and we'll have some pizza in under an hour."

Jasmine nodded and finished talking to Daniel, walking back over to the girls.

Jasmine: "Hey Sweethearts. Daniel said we'll all take a break. As long as you need. We're going to have some delicious pizza delivered within an hour, and there's a trailer just outside for you if you need any privacy. Mine's right next door."