Uneasy

Afterwards, Becky was talking on her cellphone outside the studio near the curb.

Becky: "Whaddya mean, 'ain't got no room'? Ah swear ah booked it! D-oh fer gosh darn sakes nevah mind!"

She hung up and stared at the muddy pickup truck.

Becky: "Looks lahke a nigh' in ya."

She patted it affectionately. Jasmine was waiting outside with Akane close, not like he ever gave her space anymore, and noticed the bright redhead talking to herself.

"Becky?"

She strode towards her quietly.

Becky: "Oh!"

She whirled around.

Becky: "Miss Brookes, h'lo 'gain."

She blushed and smiled sheepishly.

Becky: "Sorray, jest talk'n 't Jesse."

She patted the pickup truck. Akane stared at the redhead from head to toe. Jasmine glanced at the truck and Becky, evaluating the situation.

Jasmine: "You know you're welcome to come spend the night at my place if rooming is an issue for you. I've got plenty of space."

Becky: "Oh, no, ah couldn't impose! Ah did book a room . . . though someth'n did 'appen 't mah reservation."

She rubbed the back of her head. Jasmine smiled gently at the gesture.

Jasmine: "Then come stay with me for the night. It'd be nice to have some company for once. Plenty of guest rooms so really, you could easily take your pick."

Becky: "Oh . . . well . . ."

She blushed, even under the city lights.

Becky: "If ya insist . . ."

Jasmine smiled as the limo pulled up. She turned to Akane.

Jasmine: "Is the limo always necessary? I know we don't have much for regular cars, but . . ."

She shook her head lightly, sighing, deciding she didn’t care for the answer anyway.

Jasmine: "Nevermind. Let's get going, shall we, Becky?"

She turned back to the woman next to her, gesturing to the dark, long vehicle. Becky followed, and Akane opened the door, allowing Jasmine and Becky to get in.

Becky: "Well, ain'tchya a gentleman!”

She exclaimed with a sweet smile.

Becky: "Thank ya kindly."

She slipped in and sat down beside her. Jasmine nodded slowly.

Jasmine: "He's a good man . . . a little overbearing at times, but he means well."

She crossed her arms loosely, turning her head away from him, knowing he'd catch the small barb, and that he currently held the last two letters from her secret admirer, whoever he was. And she wasn't exactly happy about that part. But she would let him have those, as long as she got the one that would be arriving in two days . . .

Becky didn't catch on and nodded her head at him.

Becky: "Becky Hollistah."

Akane: "Akane Waive."

Becky: "Akane? Now there's a name ya don't 'ear everay day."

She broke into a large smile. Jasmine sighed lightly.

Jasmine: "Not the kind of man you run into every day, either."

Akane flinched, sensing her hostility.