Past Involvement

~First-Person Narration: Angel~

    I sighed, walking out of Jasmine’s house. She’d arrived home late, very late, and I decided to leave while she received yet another lecture from Akane. Today I’d be returning to town, talking to Arcee, er, Ariel, about that bodyguard position again. After yesterday’s assault by the now techno organic Knockout, Akane insisted on having a femme to be with Jasmine at all times when he couldn’t. Like the dressing room.

    I shrugged, walking out to my car. Of course, that was when a nearly black Lamborghini crossed in front of my vision, pulling up to the curb ahead of my yellow Mini Cooper. The Lamborghini was driverless.

    Raven. I hadn’t seen her since the base was blown over thirteen years ago.

~~~

    I was waiting with the others as Ratchet, with Red’s assistance, transferred the bots into their techno organic forms. I barely glimpsed Raven on the other side of the room. Everything was going fine. The UP was peaceful . . . Until Bombshell broke free. Over a year she’d been stuck there, and the chains were shattering rapidly.

Angel: “NO!”

    I screamed it at the top of my lungs, rushing into the infirmary. I could vaguely recall odd looks, but it didn’t matter. The Plane was in discord.

Ratchet: “Angel we are in the middle of the transfer!”

    He scolded, hardly sparing me a glance before turning back to his machines. How could he be so ignorant of what was going on? Red looked at me briefly, but was focused on JewelBlade’s transfer. Everyone else had already gone through the process . . .

    But that was when Bombshell hit. Red’s body began to vibrate, and I’ll never forget that scream she had as her body burst like an explosive. Blood and energon splattered everywhere. Red hit the floor, her soul dispersed, her body lifeless.

Angel: “No!”

    It was a command more than a shout of disbelief, I fell forward, straight as a board, going through the floor, disappearing into the UP. I flew past thousands of tiny silver dots, reaching out to the one that was imprinted as Red’s. It was incredibly draining to do so, but it had to be done.

Angel: “So help me AllSpark, you will not die!”

    I gripped the tiny, shimmering dot, holding it close, refusing to let it go for confirmation. I was breathing heavily at this point, but it didn’t matter. I’d gotten Red. I could feel more explosions from my spot in the Plane. Bombshell would never rest . . .

    I reappeared in the base. My breathing was ragged, and I knew my hair had to be looking disheveled. Red’s soul glowed in my hand, and it shook slightly, wanting to be let go, but I couldn’t let that happen. I faintly heard Meggy’s screams: “MOOOOMMY!!”

    I was too frustrated to pay much attention.

Angel: “Bombshell! I’ll kill you!”

    Her taunting laugh came to me, and I scowled. Bombshell appeared from nowhere,

Bombshell: “Dear, dear sister . . . you all fell into my trap. The techno organics, the crown, everything was merely a ruse! But the real plan, well, that’s for me to know and you’ll never find out!”

    Bombshell spread out her arms as the techno organics began to come to. JewelBlade. JewelBlade was first. Her eyes snapped open, and they went racing around the room.