Dinner

There was a nicker, and she found herself around several horses with large, gentle brown eyes. Jasmine took a deep breath, looking around the stalls, stepping towards a Bay colored horse, rubbing its nose gently.

Jasmine: "Hey, Beautiful . . ."

It nickered happily, nuzzling her hand. A sign above read it's name. 'Elvis'. Jasmine couldn't help but smile.

Jasmine: "You're a beauty, aren't you . . . ? I would take you for a ride if I could . . . Wouldn't that be something . . ."

She scratched near his ears carefully.

Becky: "Ah see ya found Elvis."

The redhead with a thick southern accent walked over.

Becky: "Gran'ma sent meh 't check up on y'all."

She reached out and immediately the horse nuzzled her hand. She giggled.

Becky: "Horses always know when someone's a good 'ol soul. Also know when not 't trust someone."

Jasmine sighed lightly, small flashes crossing her vision.

Jasmine: "He's gorgeous . . . I've always loved Bays . . . Probably from that movie, Spirit. That's what really got me into horses . . . I was into them beforehand, but . . . well, I watched it when I was young. One of the few memories I have . . ."

Becky: "Ya know, yet luckay."

She said quietly, wistfully.

Becky: "Mah mind's blank as a canvas. Don' know anyth'n from when ah woke up in 'th middle 'a nowhere 'an stumbled onto 'th ranch."

Jasmine sighed, sometimes wishing she didn’t even remember the things she did.

Becky: "Absent parents and the memory of wanting a horse . . . that's all I've really got and it's all . . . sketchy . . . I started wearing my ring again, though . . . Seeing you with yours . . . Just . . . Made me feel like it was okay again . . ."

Becky smiled.

Becky: "It kinda comforts meh. It tells meh ah b'long 't someone. Lahke ah said, don't 'member anythang, but, ah do 'ave this feel'n..."

Jasmine nodded slowly, sighing. She couldn’t help herself at the moment. Everything was so close but so distant.

Jasmine: "You . . . didn't say that man was going to be here today. . ."

    She admitted softly, staring at the Bay’s muzzle.

Becky: "Ahm so sorray if 'e startled ya. Ah invited 'im 'an a friend 'a 'is as well. Should've warned ya!"

Jasmine nodded, petting Elvis's neck, trying to pretend it didn’t unnerve her as much as it did.

Jasmine: "It's okay . . . I just . . . deja vu, I guess . . ."

Becky: "Tell meh 'bout-"

She was interrupted by a car door slamming. Jasmine jumped, then smiled.

Jasmine: “I suppose that's Akane . . . ready to ream me for speeding . . ."

She snickered at the thought. It would actually be a welcome break from crazy town, where hallucinations were real people . . .

Jasmine: "Oops . . ."

She giggled as he, Ariel and Daniel wove their way through the kids.

Becky: "Howdy y'all!"

She walked out from the barn. Ariel nodded to her, and Daniel wore his typical sunglasses, hair a disheveled mess. Jasmine stayed in the barn, stroking Elvis's coat, trying to relax the best she could.