A happy Home

10 years ago.Abuja Nigeria🆖

    A little girl of about 15 years of age sitting on the beautifully laid bed looking outside the window obviously thinking of what to say suddenly turned towards the other side of the bed facing a woman who seemed to be busy packing some shoes into a bag.

"Mummy have you heard I will become a doctor one day"
     "Hahahaaa...Amirah u will never change, of course u will be a great one I know in sha Allah "

      " Mummy must you follow your husband to this trip, at least just stay with me this time  pleaseeeeee"

   "Look at this girl ooo is he not your father? oooooh so he is now my husband not Daddy anymore, Owk oooo Oya open my wardrobe and bring out my clothes" the beautiful woman who is obviously the mother to the little girl stated.

    "Mummy so you don't want to listen to me....mum! Mum! Mummmmy" Amirah kept repeating sticking her tongue to mock her mum.

     "You are obviously not going to leave me alone,just go and read your books or help my 'husband' to park up. mmm" She signified waving her hand towards Amirah

     "Owk, Owk, Owk but make sure you don't forget my birthday gift. I jst hope it's not a necklace or worst of all one of those funny gowns you wear"She said rolling her eyes

   "Lahhhh.... Are you calling me old fashioned"

    "No oooo, me! I can't try that at all"She replied trying to escape her mum who was about to grab her.

    "Owk ladies can you tell this gentleman standing over here what all the laughing and running Is all about" Asked an aged man standing behind the door with the same smile Amirah has written on her face. You could see the resemblance from the color and straight nose.

  "Daddy I was just asking ur wiff..... Mummy not to get me one of her old fashioned gifts"

"Darling please don't get Miss fashion something below her style this time around." He stated trying to hold back the laughter that was already written over his face.

      "I don't blame both of you now, by the time i start dressing like a model even Amirah will give me her title as the new Miss Fashion" Replied Amirah's mother as she catwalks to show them what she meant.

   "mummy and all these her flaunting of styles I really wonder how your younger age was"

     "Ask your father I was the social prefect of my time,always on ironed uniforms and shined shoes. I was even nicknamed the 'Beauty queen'.

     "I can see"replied Amirah who was still laughing at her mother's funny attitude "let me check the door I think someone is knocking"She added just as she went to get the door.

    This was once the life I lived with my parents,the laughter and jokes I shared with them is now a memory.Who would have believed that I will not be laying on my mother's lap telling her how stressful school was or the annoying teacher that never missed her class. I now remember all those wonderful days with the tears I can't hold back.....

     "Hy babe,i was thinking maybe we should just go check on....... are you crying again" the tall British looking lady was cut short as she realised how Amirah was cuddled on the bed.

"No am fine" she replied as she quickly clean her tears with the edge of her blanket.

  "Come on am not a kid or a blind girl.....you were crying Amirah which means something Is definitely wrong or is today meant to be 'tears day' and I never knew"

  "Emma, I am fine trust me"

   "that exactly what is hard for me to do right now, trust you! for crying out loud I am ur best friend can't you just at least consider the 'best friends' thing and open up to me" Emma replied sounding totally angry.

    "Emma can't you see I can't help myself, I am 25 with a nice career that pays my bills and put food on my table but I am totally insecure I can't even bring myself to make friends with a guy. My life is fucking screwed".......She stated as she broke down in tears

    "Come on Amirah don't tell me you are still thinking of your past or the impossibility of you becoming the woman u dreamt of all your life. There is nothing like impossible and you know that as much as I do.....if those ingrates find you unworthy of their love because of life circumstances then just make friends with me over and over again I even hate sharing" Said Emma with a serious tone.

   "You are crazy you know right" Amirah replied unable to hide the smile on her face

   "Yah, and that why you love me"

  "What were you about to tell me"

   "I was thinking we should check on Mr's Ahbeee heard she just arrived from the states"

  "That woman ehhhnnn, Owk let me clean up and meet you outside"Amirah said as she entered the bathroom.

     It's really not easy typing oooooh I am super excited with the novel and I trust you guys will be too..... Expecting your comments
#What is really wrong with Amirah#
#Where are her parents#
#Who is Emma#:::::::::::All your questions will be answered just follow up. Love yeaa