Thank You Kiddshowstopper

(Normani's POV)

The whole Dinah situation put me in a bad mood. She finally gave up trying to get me to reply. I don't know how I should feel about that.

We went and picked up Dinah's friend, Kehlani, from a party, because Lauren wanted Ally to meet her. I'm pretty sure that it was just an excuse to hangout with her.

I wonder if Dinah knows where she is. Nope, I promised myself that I would stop thinking about Dinah.

We're all headed to go see the new Wonder Woman movie. Ally is driving with Lauren in the front and me and Kehlani in the back.

I don't know why I didn't sit in the front. I feel so akward. It's extremly quiet and Kehlani just keeps staring at me.

I just try to focus on looking out the window at the things that we pass by. I had finally tuned out the world when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I notice that the there is music playing, and the quietness isn't as overbearing as before.

"Normani right?" Kehlani asks.

I just nod my head. I really don't want to talk to anyone right now, but I don't want so seem rude.

"You don't talk much do you?"

"Sorry."

"It's okay." She says offering me a small smile which I happily return.

"Can I ask you something?" I say after we fall into a comfortable silence.

"Is it about Dinah?"

"Yes"

She nods her head letting me know to carry on.

"When was the last time she had a girlfriend?"

I don't know what prompted me to ask that question. I knew that I really didn't want the answer. Seeing the look of hesitancy on Kehlani's face only made my stomach twist more.

"She's never really had one."

"Oh..... So she's just been sleeping with random girls?"

I feel so stupid. Of course Dinah hasn't been in a relationship before. I should've just listen to Lauren in the first place, and I would never be feeling so let down and empty.

"No, It's not like that. Yeah there has been a few girls, but Dinah hasn't wanted a relationship until you."

"You really expect me to believe that Dinah wants to change her ways for me."

"Look I've known Dinah since we were kids. So believe me when I say this I have never seen her look at anyone the way I see her look at you. She literally sits by her phone waiting for you to reply. You have her wrapped around your finger, and you don't even know it."

It's hard for me to believe what she's saying. If Dinah liked me as much as Kehlani says then why would she lie to me?

*

I decided that I didn't want to see the movie after all. I just felt like my mood would ruin it for everyone else. Lauren tried to come with me, but I didn't wanna ruin her fun so I made her stay.

I really wanted to be alone. I just wanted to go home, crawl up into a ball, and cry.

Since meeting Dinah my emotions have been everywhere. One mintue I'm giggling like an idiot because of something she said then the next i'm crying because of something she did. I don't like that she has such and effect on me. Kehlani might think I have Dinah wrapped around my finger, but It's actually Dinah who has the power to make or break me.