Wanna One's "Music Bank" Photo Line Event Gets Cancelled Due To Overzealous Fans

Wanna One is one of the hottest boy bands of 2017, and they’re unfortunately having to experience the downsides of popularity due to a handful of fans and their disorderly conduct.

On August 25, Wanna One arrived at the KBS Broadcasting Hall in Yeoido, Seoul to rehearse and record their performance for “Music Bank.” Both fans and reporters flocked to the scene to snap pictures of the popular group.

According to a representative who was there, everything was relatively safe and calm before Wanna One arrived. The KBS staff set up fences for safety reasons, as well as a designated area for the group to stand and get their photos taken. Fans and reporters were said to have been waiting patiently for Wanna One to arrive.

However, things became chaotic when Wanna One’s van arrived on the scene. A few overzealous fans jumped over the barricades that had been set up to get closer to the idols.

KBS security personnel had to step in and usher Wanna One back into their car due to safety concerns. The group had to then turn their car around and enter the building through a different entrance.

A YMC Entertainment representative explained, “The members of Wanna One were scheduled to stand in the designated area, and take photos and greet the many fans and reporters who were waiting for them, but they unfortunately had to turn around due to a few overzealous fans.”

Today, Wanna One will be appearing on “Music Bank” for the first time since making their debut, and will perform “Energetic” and “Burn It Up.”