Wanna One's Ong Seong Woo Shares How His Mother Learned About His Popularity

On August 3, Wanna One’s Ong Seong Woo shared the story of when he first realized his popularity on KBS2’s “Happy Together 3.”

When asked if they recognized how popular the group is, member Kang Daniel shared, “Since we just go between our dormitory and our scheduled events, we don’t get out much. Our popularity doesn’t seem real yet to me.”

However, Ong Seong Woo had a totally different experience. The singer revealed that he realized his popularity on an outing with his mother the day before training. “I wanted to show my mother so I disregarded the rules and went out without a mask.”

The singer continued, “We went to a department store, but since people were far away they seemed unsure and just passed by

The singer continued, “We went to a department store, but since people were far away they seemed unsure and just passed by. My mother was disappointed.”

Ong Seong Woo decided to try Bupyeong Culture Street. “We ate at a takoyaki booth where a few high school girls recognized me.”

Ong Seong Woo concluded, “Once one person recognized me, other people around us began to notice me too. Ultimately there were around 20 people. My mother just stood to the side and looked on proudly.”

MC Park Soo Hong complimented Ong Seong Woo on his witty way of talking and told him that he would do well in a sitcom!