Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

Two burly looking guys entered next, looking very stereotypical dressed in black. I wanted to roll my eyes. I squinted, trying to recognise who they were. One of the boys I had seen at the gym a few times, but the other I can't recall having met. I immediately began looking for noticeable characteristics, so I could identify them later.

"Can't fight your own battles again Eliza?" I snorted, looking at her pathetically, not taking my eyes away from the two 'men in black'. "All over a boy? How desperate can you get?"

"It's not just him anymore," she seethed, her eyes scorching. With a lot of effort, she slowly rose to her feet, her head still in her eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot with unshed tears. You couldn't miss the blaze her eyes were sending my way though, even if her fingers were covering her eyes. If her stare could send through lasers, I would be terminated. "It's just you in general now."

I opened my mouth to reply, but one of the guys foot thumped into my rib cage. A scream tore from my throat as both of them began kicking my sides. I tried to curl up and defend myself, but the two girls were doing a pretty decent job at holding me down. I squirmed and wriggled as frantically as I could, trying to remove myself from them.

Suddenly, one of the guys straddled me, his fist connecting with my jaw. The reaction from my body was instant. It was like I was having a seizure. My entire body was engulfed in paralysing fear as I remembered the night where my life fell apart.

It was like my father's murderer's mouth was next to my ear again, whispering to me.

"Aw, you're a bit cute."

"GET OFF OF ME!" I screeched, thrashing as much as I could without my arms and legs. Sweat had gathered across my forehead and my body was trembling with such force it looked like I had snapped into an epileptic fit.

I could almost feel his rough lips brushing mine again. I could hear the zipper of his pants being undone. The nightmare that had haunted me for so long had me so deeply entrenched, that I hadn't even realised that both girls had released me. The boy was no longer straddling me and the other one had stopped beating my body, but it didn't matter. The vivid images were slamming into my mind repeatedly and I was unable to block them out anymore.

My hands clawed at my chest as I felt him strike the knife against my chest. I ripped at my clothes, my permanent scar feeling hot suddenly.

"What the hell?" one of the guys asked, actually looking disturbed. All of them stared at me with wide eyes, as my entire body was in a fit-like state. Not meaning to, I actually tried to reach out to one of them, so they could help me.

I hadn't been this scared in a long time. I was stuck inside my own panic attack and there was no way out.

"Let's get out of here," one of the girls whispered frantically, her eyes darting around the room as though checking there weren't any secret cameras watching them. "This is messed up."

At once, they all clambered away from me. Eliza paused, as if internally conflicted with what to do. For a second I actually thought she was going to be like me and regret what she had done.

I was wrong.

She quickly turned from me and without a backward glance, ran after her friends, leaving me alone. Terror was coursing through my veins to the extent I couldn't move anymore. I was that scared, living through my nightmare, that my body was unable to function. My breathing was rapid as I struggled to catch my breath. The violent shaking of my body had my teeth clattering together painfully. I bit my tongue accidentally, drawing blood.

"I'll come for you one day Hayley. Mark. My. Word."

They were the last words I thought, before blackness flooded my vision.