Epilogue: A.E.R

After Earth's Fall. A time of great devastation, greed, gluttony, lies and murder. With Miss Chaucer dead, many upper class Edenians fled for their freedom and possibly for their lives, as they weren't sure how the people of Mars or Sanctuary Beach would punish them. Though, some stayed. A few couple million hid, nevertheless, they were found eventually. Meanwhile some dropped to their knees and begged for mercy or forgiveness. The E.P.D.F surrendered as well as any remaining soldiers from the Emergency Defence Force. Obviously, there were a few dilemmas concerning what should've been done with them..but mass genocide? Not really Friday nor Nila, Kaitlyn or Riley's style.

The remaining citizens of Eden were put to hard labour, the exact same that those in Working Class were forced to do daily. They were put to tasks such as helping rebuild Sanctuary beach or the affected areas of Eden in preparation for Mars' arrival. DNA Harvesting labs or businesses within Eden were stopped in their tracks and all samples were burnt, buried or locked away. The "people" that relied on these harvests, well, unfortunately their time was coming to an end. But those that did fall ill with age would be taken in by the nurses in the Medical Unit of the Tower to be cared after for the small percentage of time they'd have left on Earth.

According to those that survived the rebellion and to my mother, when the humans on Mars finally made their descent to Earth via their numerous space shuttles, it was a miraculous sight for sore eyes. It was sometime during midnight, just before a new day was arising. A beautiful constellation of fiery balls of light dotted the sky, zooming across it at high speeds like thousands of shooting stars. My mother couldn't help rejoice on the inside, however, on the outside she was
a sobbing mess. Dropped to her knees and just stared at the sky. "I need you to do me a favour," is what she said to her friend Chloe in the OMCC (Operation Mars Control Centre). That's what started it all. Mars had a little revolution of its own, with a little push from her childhood friends Dylan and Chloe and my grandparents.

Though, one thing still concerns Sanctuary Beach, myself and my mother to this very day. Adrian was caught, at one point. There were a few issues regarding Adrian's punishments. At first Sanctuary wanted to do a new take on the old Earth "Bull fighting", with a Rhino as the bull and Adrian as the "matador" however, as much as she hated his guts with a passion, Nila suggested to take a more humane approach for this new generation of mankind. Somehow, he escaped one night from Sanctuary Beach. This sparked worry, especially since now one had seen Fester nor the second in command, Mark, since Earleen died. Though, with nothing out there but wasteland, the dilemma was temporarily put to the side. From then on, my mother and Friday agreed to set up a system of law of their own to prevent chaos. Firstly, they were ridiculed for their decision to put three adolescents as the head of this system, but when lectured on how much the three had done for them and how much they'd seen, the people against the idea were quick to shut their mouths. Friday was still the leader of Sanctuary, though mainly when it came to the military side of things. Naite, security. Jefferey, agriculture. Lucas, weaponry and infrastructure. Dimitri? Well, for the time being he just focused on getting back his bearings and occasionally helped out Miss Dandra with teaching all the new kids.

That brings us to today. The year is 18 A.E.R. Eighteen years after Earth's resurrection. My name is Nora Weathers and this is the story of my mother and the Battle of Eden."

------------------------

There's a long pause, a pause someone would put shortly after finishing a tale or a story and the children couldn't help but fail to hide their disappointment.

"..What? That's it?! Where's the rest?"

"The rest?" I ask sceptically, a smile on my face. Every year I'd tell this story to the new arrivals into my care. Usually they'd be either seven or eight years old, meanwhile, Miss Dandra or Pauline should I say, who is an old, sweet little lady now, teaches the youngsters.