~*~

"Now, I don't want to have to use this on you but if you try anything, you'll leave me no choice."

Adrian mutters and jolts his head in the direction of the taser resting inside the right pocket in his pants. Eventually, he settles himself down comfortably on the velvet sofa and drags over the small coffee table just out of arms reach to place the yellow folder on.

"This photo was taken at least eight or ten years before my mother set the EDEN Project in motion. They met at University, the two of them were some of the smartest there. At first, their relationship started off as a competition, Miss Chaucer wanted to be rewarded with the right to go to White House and show the president a new, advanced technique that could save millions of people's lives. Varia, the girl, was doing the same. However, they tied. Of course, Earleen hadn't figured out how to get immortality from DNA Harvesting just yet. Her idea was merely a way to enhance people's defences against sicknesses or contagious diseases or allow a mentally challenged person the gift of being able to read and write better. Her idea was innocent back then."

"So what? Miss Chaucer wasn't a complete and utter monster during B.E.F? What a surprise!" Nila sarcastically exclaims but gets shushed by Adrian.

"The president held a meeting where the two would show off their grand ideas in front of him whilst numerous special forces guards stand around the room and watch. She told me it was pretty nerve wrecking. At the time, the president was a man whose name was Charles Hugh Truman. From what Earleen told me he was quite impressed with her and Varia's work, though only one could be picked as the best and instructed Miss Chaucer to send her ideas down to the number one advanced hospital in New York to be studied and perhaps even set into motion! However, Earleen, didn't like that. She wanted to keep her idea for herself, not hand it over to some snobby scientists and doctors in New York and walked out with Varia. Strangely enough and despite their quarrels in the past, Earleen and Varia had grown more and more acquainted to each other. Varia, my soon to be mother was also impressed and flattered that she had the chance to make billions of dollars yet turned it down. From there on, they continued seeing each other. They dated for two years and finally decided to have a child, me. In 2034, that was made possible by Doctor Phillips who implanted a fertilised egg inside of my mother after choosing my genetics and how I'd look. If they hadn't, I probably would've looked entirely different. It sounds freakish, I  know, however, they really wanted to have a baby and because they were the same sex, it wouldn't be able to happen on it's own."

"Skip past a few years later and the president, he mysteriously died, the press claimed that drugs were responsible for his death, others said a heart attack was his downfall. Either way, they needed a new president and because of all the people Earleen helped with her DNA Harvesting, votes came flooding in when she stated that she was going in the race for presidency. She won and became the first female president of what Eden was once called, America. That's when the power started to get to her head.."

------------------------

"Should we make our love public yet?" Varia murmurs blissfully in Earleen's ear before walking around to face her lover with a joyous smile.

But all she's met with is a frantic, worried expression.

"Varia, ever since the 'baby boom' you know how it's been for..people like us. They'll, they'll shame us and I don't want to lose the people who voted for me to take on presidency."

Varia couldn't be any less disappointed, her heart sinks probably deeper than the Titanic. "So what? You're saying you're ashamed of us? You've got everything, everything! We're living in a wonderful hous-mansion, we've got Adrian, you've got a job that many would literally kill for! They can't take it away from you," she pleads, desperation in her voice.