~*~

Nila awakes to the sound of running water and plates clattering together outside. The others must be up, whoever they are. She studies the aged ceiling above her and it's many cracks before even thinking about setting one foot off her bed. While she still has the time, she recaps everything that's happened to her. Two of her friends were murdered in cold blood, whatever crazy reason they may have had is still unknown, ever since they've been dragged or shoved from place to place like ragdolls to face ridiculous situations. Getting chased by a four meter Rhino for example.

Suddenly, a thought Nila's never considered before pops into her head. She's stuck down here, while the rest of her family is a whole light year away on Mars. Will she ever see them again? Do they even know what's happening? Of course not. It seems that even Mars' government is corrupt, whether voluntarily or not.

"Nila? Are you awake?.." whispers a familiar voice. Nila almost expects to see Dylan poking through her bedroom door, but instead its Riley's concerned face peeping inside.

"Yeah."

"We're having breakfast. Hey, are you alright?" her friends looks at her skeptically.

"I'm fine, why?"

"Nothing.." Riley mutters and gives Nila a sweet smile. "Um, Friday sent me to hand you these clothes as well," he adds, padding the pile of cotton and leather in his hands.

She rubs her eyes and flips her legs over her bed. The frames are metal and the bed creaks with her every movement. The mattress is as thin as can be, but still, last night has got to be the most peaceful sleep she's had since she arrived on this godforsaken planet.

She waddles towards the door and picks the clothes up before heading to her private bathroom to tidy up. The pile contains a black, cotton shirt with a leather jacket to go along with it and cotton shorts. The clothes aren't stitched together as professionally as it would be done on Mars but at least she's out of her dirty clothes from training. By now, they've basically been reduced to rags.

After a refreshing shower, she ties her hair chestnut brown hair, (which has grown a tad bit longer since a few weeks ago) back into a bun. She brushes her teeth with, well, what she assumes is a homemade toothbrush made from wood and animal hair with baking soda. Nila grimaces at the feeling of the hair brushing against her teeth but sucks it up until her teeth are decently clean. She sighs after she rinses her mouth out with water and looks at studies herself in the mirror. Her dark blue eyes have miraculously gotten even darker and the rims of her eyes are shaded a light red from sleepless nights, also shown by her dark under eyes.

Only a short time ago, she was determined, independent and reckless. There's no doubt in her mind that Friday would say that she still has her recklessness but other than that...she's not so sure of what she is. Her life is full way too many questions for her to count that she doesn't even know what her goal is anymore. What's there to look forward to? Her life couldn't possibly get more messed up than it already is. Then there is her independence. All she knows is, that's now pretty much nonexistent.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

'Oh well, maybe some things will finally get cleared up today anyway..' she thinks and tries to get her thoughts back into a positive mindset.

"I'm coming out now!" Nila yells and makes her way to the door.

She swings the door open in annoyance to be met with Naite's overly excited face. He smiles down at her joyfully, "Whatcha doing? The food will get cold!" he remarks and lays a hand on Nila's back to lead her to the dining room.