~*~

Nila stares at the flickering fire which she helped Kaitlyn make with some stray sticks and logs found in the farm. She watches how it seems to dance mesmerisingly with the night and the shadows it casts across the concrete walls of the farm. Burning ash flies through the sky as the smoke emitting from the fire escapes through the drapes high above the fields. Pretty much all of Sanctuary's population has come to gather in the middle of the fields for a movie night, as planned by Friday. A movie has been set up on a portable board with a projector shining onto it. The movie looks odd and strange in Nila's opinion. It's been animated and is centred around two clownfish and a colourful fish who suffers from memory loss. The kids seem to love it though. The music exploding out of the speakers set up on the other side of the room sends shockwaves through her feet from the log she's sitting on as the sound travels across the ground. But the music's not the only thing that's loud. The storms Nila and her friends witnessed during their stay in the cave by the beach seem to be a common occurrence. For some reason, they always seem to occur every second fortnight. So not only is the sky having a party it its own and raging with thunder but a herd of Rhinos are holding a riot outside the bunker.

Friday explained that whenever the storms come, the Rhinos near the area travel inland and pass by the bunker. Due to the creatures having a miraculous memory, they keep on trying to attack Sanctuary, banging their horns against the bunker door as an attempt to get inside. So yesterday, she decided to hold a movie night, to get people's minds off the unpleasant conditions going on tonight. To Friday's delight, even Dimitri has showed up. Which is a bit of a surprise considering that the last movie night Sanctuary had was when Celeste was still with them last year.

"Hey. Nila~ Could you please do a tiny little favour for me?" Friday nudges Nila's arm with her elbow and asks her with a too-sweet-to-be-true voice.

"Hmm? Uh, yeah," she casually shrugs in reply and turns her head to look at Friday who holds a friendly smile on her face.

"Dimitri seems to be making a lot of progress, don't you think? And considering he's actually out of his room for once, why don't you try talking to him?"

"...You're speaking really oddly, what are you trying to persuade me to do? Get it out," Nila asks, sounding annoyed.

Friday sighs defeatedly before gesturing Nila to bring her ear closer to her. She ends up whispering something that makes Nila's eyes go wide and double back.

"Really? Um, okay, I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you so much," Friday beams and goes back to drinking her punch in a plastic cup.

Nila groans as she stands up and looks over to her left where a choir of giggles and laughter is coming from. Kaitlyn is out of her wheelchair and sitting on the shoulders of Egghead while he runs around and battles with Naite who holds Riley upon his shoulders. Nila joined in with them earlier but ending up taking quite the tumble after losing her balance and falling off of Naite's shoulders. Let's just say that Nila's tailbone isn't too pleased with her right now.

Nila turns her gaze away from her friends and to Dimitri who's lying down on his back watching the stars through the tears in the drapes. The butterflies forming in her stomach start to rise in her throat and she fumbles with the plastic cup she holds in her hands nervously. To be honest, she doesn't really know exactly why she's doing this. Dimitri made it quite clear that they aren't friends when she first arrived at Sanctuary. But then, Friday's done so much for her and the others. It's no where near the amount she ought to do in return. It's the least she can do.

"Hi."

"Hmph." Dimitri's peaceful expression suddenly turns into a frown as soon as Nila speaks and he groggily forces himself up from his lying position and sits with his Whisky bottle in hand.