Chapter 22

With daylight fading, the only way the dark grey wall could be seen from the outside was from the numerous, ginormous spotlights lined across the top of the wall. The temperatures have dropped and the weather, more chilly from where the team huddles together lying across the rocky, grass-speckled ground.

"Wait! Hold up," Friday whispers in an urgent tone and places a hand across Nila's chest from where they lay in a rare patch of tall grass just about twelve meters away from Eden's wall. To get a good look at it, Nila has to crane her neck up as far as possible and ahead of her, all that can be seen is a dull grey that stretches for miles in a circular shape around the city of sin. Friday's physical and mental state seem to have gotten a lot better since last week when Nila spewed her speech. Much to Nila's luck, Friday hasn't gone all 'doom and gloom' on her which she thought would've happened. The woman did lose on of her arms.

"Urgh, I wouldn't of wanted to be in charge of building that," she thinks in astonishment.

Behind her, Dimitri can be heard making a frustrated clicking noise with his tongue. "What is it? Come on, Fester gave you the clear! We're waisting time, let's go," he half yells, half whispers in Friday's ear.

"It's been ages since you've been out on a mission. I know what I'm doing, let me do this my way," Friday gives him a stern gaze before quickly flinging her head up to glance at the top of the wall then back ahead of her. Along the top, the occasional silhouette of a guard would stroll by, stop every couple meters or so and scan the ground below them with a large black machine that would rest across one shoulder. The machine almost resembles a bazooka except square-shaped and crossed with a camera. Even from so high up, Nila can hear the odd buzzing noise emit from the scanner whilst it lets out tiny florescent blue rays in a circle form on the ground below for a ten meter radius. Also present along Eden's wall are watch towers that shelter guards equipped with large guns.

"Psst, what are they doing?" Kaitlyn questions in a whisper.

Lucas replies, "Scanning for movement around the wall. They seem to be motion detectors of some sort."

At first, Nila think's Friday's nuts. All that's ahead of them is solid stone and there's no way on Earth they're going to climb over a twenty or so meter high wall especially not with those guards around anyway. Even then, an alarm would probably go off and then it's "farewell life!" for Nila and the team.

However, after playing quite a long, arduous game of "spot the difference" with herself, (trying to pinpoint whatever it is Friday keeps gazing at), a flashing white light catches her attention. Firstly, there's a long single flash followed by one short, two long, another short and three last longs. Reminding Nila of Morse Code in which she learnt back on Mars. Well, only for a few lessons anyway. Until she gave up.

------------------------

"I reckon this one's pretty simple. Three words: I am alive. Try it," Chloe demands, handing a whining Nila a special pen to write with on her tablet.

Sunlight pours through the multiple circular windows that line the sides of the white walls in the classroom. Giving Chloe who stands, looming over in front of Nila's desk an angelic glow. Meanwhile, Dylan sits across from them at his own desk grinning stupidly at Nila's failures to tackle Morse Code.

"I give up. This is stupid. Why can't I just yell "help!" like in the good ol' days?" Nila jokes, her voice giving away a tad bit of defeat.

"Fine, lets do something more easier. SOS."

"I'm not going to remember this anyway."