~*~

After meeting with Anna's family that consists of three cousins who are Jayme, Axel and Nixon (all of which are from separate families), Anna's mother, Reena, her father, David and of course dancing, the celebration unfortunately had to come to an end.

During the final week of The Draw, the top five are advised to spend their last week left on Mars with their families as their parents were not proven worthy enough to go and so therefore the top five will never be able to see them again.

But just because the celebration ended there doesn't mean the party's over elsewhere. To supply the top five with more bonding time with loved ones, their dorm rooms are the only rooms that do not have lights out at the standard time of everyone else, 8:30. Instead, lights out is at 10:00 and Nila's family is making the most of it.

"Woohoo! Okay, whadda we got?" Nila's father walks over to an old music player holding an alcoholic drink in his hand and shuffles through a handful of old disks. "Uh..no, no, no..hmm. Bob Marley.." Jerad mumbles to himself and pulls out a single disk from the bunch of them.

"Who's Bob Marley?" asks Nila.

Her father snorts in reply. "No idea."

Jerad puts the disk into the music player and presses play, suddenly carefree and happy music fills the room. Nila's mother sways into the room, smiling and makes her way to her husband. They share an embrace and slow dance for awhile until they turn to look at their daughter. Janice pecks a kiss on Jerad's cheek and heads off into the kitchen to get another drink.

"May I have this dance, beautiful princess?" asks Nila's father as he bows fancily and holds out a hand.

Nila giggles and accepts. They twirl and spin around the living room, Jerad mouths some of the lyrics as they dance.

Don't worry, bout a thing.

Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

Singin: don't worry, bout a thing.

Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

"Nila!" Her mother calls from the kitchen where a mouth watering aroma is spreading throughout the dorm.

As a reward of becoming one of the Drawn, each family of the top five is rewarded with baskets of high end and nutritious food. With which Janice has just finished cooking an amazing roast with.

"Food is ready."

Jerad and Nila hurry over to the small dining table in the centre of the room. As Nila sits down she hears a loud, "Oof!" and looks to her right to see her father had walked straight into the table and has spilt alcohol everywhere. Nila stifles a laugh.

Janice walks out of the kitchen holding a big plate of roast potatoes and throws Nila's father a look of mild disapproval. "Your father's drunk."

Jerad looks at his wife, bewildered. "I am certainly not," he pauses to burp, "Drunk."

"Sure," Nila's mother replies in a sarcastic manner.

By the way Nila's father composes himself and would slur his words gives Nila no doubt that he most certainly is drunk.

Nila and her mother both exchange looks and jokingly shake their heads. Nila's family enjoy a spectacular roast and the days that follow are exactly the same, joyful and festive.

Until Monday.

#

The day has come. The departure to Earth.

Nila can't seem to dial down the cyclone of butterflies in her stomach as she walks through The Tower hand in hand with her best friend, Anna. Her family and Nila's are slowly following behind, a particular drag in their footsteps. They finally arrive at the highest point of The Tower, that has a platform leading to a tunnel. Past large double doors there's a square room just outside the dome, where connected to one side of it is a high-tech pod, made of Andursite waiting to be boarded. Officials and leaders of Mars call and cheer as the top five make their way in the room. Hanging from the ceiling is a big banner with the word, "Farewell!" painted across it and confetti is thrown out of buckets into the walkway that they slowly make their way through.