~*~

After a few good tries of lock picking Naite's office door, it finally opens. The loud 'click' signalling he's gotten inside, music to his ears. The intruder quietly strolls in, chewing the insides of his mouth as he searches Niate's office for a particular switch or button. Eventually, turning to an instruction manual he found gathering dust in one of the many drawers in Naite's desk.

It's another fortnight again, and the roaring thunder emitting from the sky signals that it's time. 'This is for the best,' he tells himself. 'I can do the job and she will still be safe. I get the best of both worlds.'

The intruder whistles quietly to himself a light, cheery tune. Excited that soon, everything will be perfect. His mother will finally be proud of him and he gets to live with the love of his life.

"Aha," the person mutters as he flings the dirty blue, grey and white booklet with illustrations of gears and the bunker drawn on it to the side.

An overjoyed smile creeps onto his face as he brings his hand down on a small, red button among multiple light, camera and alarm switches. There's a melody of gears turning and screeching as the door aggravatingly slowly opens itself.
Luckily, for him, the cafeteria is much too far away from the entry of the bunker for people to hear the door opening.

He starts to whistle his little made up tune again whilst he pushes and pulls at the door to speed up the process. Once it is fully opened, he pulls out a bleach-white piece of paper, and folds it neatly into an elegantly decorated government official envelope, lodging it securely into the many gears on the door. Though, out in the open enough for it to be noticed. An official Edenial seal keeping the envelope shut. The seal is a dark, navy blue with a beautifully written silver 'E' on the top of it.

"She'll forgive me," the intruder mutters, reassuring himself calmly.

------------------------

"Nila? Nila what's wrong?" Adrian looms over Nila, placing a hand on one of the crying girl's shoulders as she weeps into her arms on the table.

"Uh, I'd rather not talk about it here," she struggles to keep her voice steady, especially since her nose is blocked from all of her crying.

"Okay, that's fine. We can go to my room?"

Nila slides a hand through her now frizzy and messed up hair, trying her best to straighten it out and she wipes away any remaining tears from falling down her cheeks.

"The abandoned one down the hall they gave to you? Doesn't exactly sound very comforting or homey," she says sarcastically and flashes a smile.

"Yeah not exactly but I think I have something that might cheer you up," Adrian says suspiciously, jokingly raising a light blonde eyebrow.

"Okay then," Nila stands up and pauses before continuing as she looks at him strangely. "Are we going?" she asks when she notices that Adrian still hasn't moved.

"Yeah, you go. I just have to get the surprise first, I'll be there before you can say 'Rhino'." His eyes widen for a split second when he realises what he said but doesn't let it show. Instead he laughed it off as a joke and to his luck, Nila doesn't think anymore if it. He starts backing away, a smirk on his face as he walks towards the kitchen.

"Wait, Rhino? Why Rhino?" Nila giggles and shrugs.

'That guy has got an..odd sense of humour,' she thinks, making her way down the hallway to his room.