35. Break From Drama

Dedicated to @dellaseths who wanted to be a character, so that's what I did. Sorry for taking so long. Luv ya!!!😁😜😘

Clover

"My head hurts!" Sawyer whines, and I think on the events from yesterday.

So much stuff happened and I don't even want to think on it. It just makes me thankful that I have a normal family and name.

"So our whole lives we were lied to? Because that's what I'm getting at." Reed sighs, making me sigh too.

"I think there's more to it than that. I think it's all your moms fault."

"What?! Impossible."

I look away, not wanting to get them angry.

But if you were to think on these turn of events, it makes sense.

If Zoey only backed down and didn't get involved when they were just vulnerable teens, then they'd be together. Having more kids possibly. And they'd be happy and probably an icon.

But the twins wouldn't have been born and neither would have Niko...

"I need a distraction, we need a distraction," I say, their eyes rising in curiosity at my proposal.

"Like what? We are in LA. Lots of things to do actually." Sawyer smiled.

"There's nice weather and it isn't raining. The suns out and it's hot as fuck... Ooh..." Reed looked to Sawyer, making him smirk.

"Do you know what we're thinking?" They say in unison, and I chuckle, nodding.

"I think so."

🏖🏝

"For once. I actually got it right." I toss my shoes in their car, walking on the hot concrete as we edge towards the beach.

"The beach baby! It's bae." Sawyer purred, digging his feet in the sand as he giggled.

"We invited someone else too." I look, seeing a Maybach pull up next to their G-Wagon." Niko?"

"Yeah. We became...somewhat friends on this incident. We're closer in a way. So I invited him. Why not?" He walked over, and the door opened as Niko stepped out.

They both said something to another, and whatever it was they both started laughing. And then they headed over, talking to one another.

"Happy you guys are friends and I didn't have anything to do with it."

Niko smirked, glancing at Reed.

"Well, if we never spied we wouldn't have found out. And because of it we're close. But it's a weird close. Like pickles and peanut butter close."

"I thought you said that'd be a secret!" I hear from behind me, seeing Sawyer pouting.

"What's this about pickles and peanut butter?" I ask, and that has Niko and Reed cracking up while Sawyer has his arms folded.

"Okay... When Sawyer and all of us were like in second grade, he was going through a faze of loving pickles and peanut butter. So, he wanted to try both his favorite foods together. And he was addicted to it until fifth fourth grade when he gave one to a guy and he had an allergic reaction."

"That was funny stuff." Reed patted Nikos shoulder. And I smiled.

"Okay. So, um, I'm gonna get myself a slushee. Any of you want some?" Niko asks, and Sawyer gasps.

"We'll come with. Clover you find a spot for us to sunbath in." They turned around, walking off.

High schoolers...