30. Learning Things We Should'nt Know

"What do you think they're doing?" I hear Sawyer ask Mr. Fitz, making him look away.

"Something..."

"Something?" Sawyer folds his arms, pouting as he walks back to Clover.

I don't know what their doing either. But it's time to investigate.

"Reed." I whisper, Reed looking over at me as a sneer starts to form." Come here real quick. It's about our dads." He sighs, walking over away from Sawyer and Clover.

When he's in front of me he looks beyond annoyed to see my face. The feelings mutual than.

"What do you want? I bet their just talking."

"No. If they were 'talking' they'd be back by now. What do you think they're up to?"

"I don't know. But it's probably not our business." He was about to turn around, but I grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"You're the only one who is brutally honest and knows what's up. Come with me...like old times." When I say this Reeds face softens, then he sighs.

"Fine. Let's do this."

We walk out the room, looking around my dads tall building space. The walls are literally made of glass so it can't be that hard.

We start walking, stopping when we see a room that most definitely has no glass walls. The door is propped open just a peek, and I wink at Reed, and he nods.

He heads over, looking around the corner as he gestured for me to come. I walk over, and we look in through the crack.

Not shocked to see Mr. Jones sitting on my dads expensive dark wood office table.

"There they-."

"Shush!" Reed shushes me, and I nod, running my fingers over my mouth, saying their zipped.

"You should not have invited me here. And your beard looks horrible." I hear Mr. Jones say, making me want to almost snort. I've been wanting my dad to shave that thing.

"I'll shave it when I get home. I was thinking about it." Now it's solved.

"It's been almost two decades since I've seen you Mr. Jones."

"I know. It was the best two decades of my life. Now the record is broken." Suddenly I see my dad appear, standing in front of Mr. Jones. His hands in fists, is he about to punch him?

"I missed you. You know that right?"

What the hell?

I looked to Reed, seeing him just as shocked as me.

When we look again inside my dad is way too close to Mr. Jones, and Mr. Jones gets up, pushing him out the way.

"I told you once, and I'm not afraid to tell you again." Mr. Jones turned to my dad, gripping his face as he pointed to him." I'm not about that anymore. I have a family. And if I they learn about Oliver and the truth-."

"They won't! I don't know why you keep hashing up things like this! It happened a long time ago, and that woman agreed to say that Oliver was hers. That's why when he died I agreed to marry her so that she wouldn't reveal the secret."

I gasped, Reed covering my mouth. I looked at him, his face red.

Who's Oliver's mother than?

"It killed me when Oliver died because...because he died thinking that woman gave birth to him... When I am the one that did."

Reed was gone, standing as he sprinted off. My mouth was hanging open, seeing Mr. Jones glaring at him.

"Maybe that wouldn't have ever happened if you just gave him up for adoption or maybe aborted him-."