19. Teal Eyes

"Hi..."

"Hey..." I looked at Sawyer as I stood at his front door, seeing Reed running up.

"Clo!!" He walked around Sawyer, hugging me.

"Hi Reed." I don't think Reed knows of Sawyer and mines little make out session. I feel kinda bad, but, it's how it is.

Reed sneezed once he pulled back, resulting in Sawyer to rub his back.

"Reed is sick." Obviously.

"You called me over because...?"

"I have to go to the store and I can't bring him when he looks like this." Sawyer pointed at Reeds hair that was practically everywhere, clothes loose and bags under his eyes.

"So...? You want me to babysit him?" I clarify, Sawyer nodding happily, smacking Reeds back. Making him cough.

"Exactly!" Sawyer exited the house, passing me the house keys." I'll be right back, and don't get sick."

He jogged off towards the garages, and I looked away, looking at Reed. Him and I haven't done anything major like Sawyer and I have, but he waves shyly.

"Where's your room?" I ask, stepping inside, Reed closing the door.

"I've just been laying on the couch. Sawyer doesn't want me contaminating the room with germs. He's always had a better immune system than me."

I smirk, nodding when I see a long couch with dozens of blankets.

"I'm guessing this is your bed right now?"

"Yep, welcome to my room." He smiles, sniffling in the process. He walked to the couch, plopping on it as he grabbed a pillow.

I walked to the other couch, sitting across from him as I saw the remote to the huge TV that almost took up the wall.

"I heard about you and Sawyer." I ended up dropping the remote on the floor, Reed raising his eyebrows.

"Wha...?"

"You don't have to hide it. We tell each other everything. No lies."

I looked awkwardly at his sickened state, the way his cheeks were blotchy with pink. His skin kinda pale. His hair - a mess. And everything.

"Why are you bringing this up?"

"Because. I'm jealous. That's all." He says bluntly, and I couldn't help but grin at his bluntness.

"This is isn't funny. You barely ever kiss me and if I didn't know any better, you'd probably choose Sawyer over me."

I shake my head, looking at the remote and turning the TV on.

"I wouldn't choose either of you. I bet if it was you we'd be doing the same thing-."

"No-." He sneezed, rubbing his nose-." No...no we wouldn't. Don't tell me what I want to hear, be honest. Because it only makes me more angry and excluded."

I fold my arms, seeing that we're on Cartoon Network, Amazing World of Gumball.

"I love this show-."

"Stop trying to change the subject!" He bursts, and I flinch at his outburst." Why don't you talk to me as much as you talk to Sawyer? Why don't you kiss me? I'm here you know? I can see you two, the way you talk and I have to practically get my word in.

"I'm the third wheel, that's what I am." He mumbles under his breath. High schoolers.

Yeah it was unfortunate that he wasn't there, but, it wasn't my fault.