~Chapter Fifty-one~

"Michael, why are we waking up so early?? It's Saturday and I need sleep."

"We're going on a date today, Jerbear, and you're gonna want to do this shit aaaall day. I promise you that."

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise, baby."

"You know I don't like surprises."

"Well you're gonna love this one. Trust me."

"Uuuuuugh. Fine."

"That's the spirit, babe." Jeremy finally gets up and they go out. Jeremy has no clue where they're going.

"Babe, why are taking me to this mall? Almost all the shops in it have been closed for years."

"Yeah, but the one that matters opens in about five minutes."

"?????????"

"C'mere, this way."

"Miiiiiichaaeeell- !!!!!!!!!!!! Michael!"

"Come on! Follow me, babe, don't worry about it. You'll love it, promise!"

"I can't run Michael, slow down!"

"Aw, you can't even jog? Two months makes you incapable of anything over a speed walk?"

"No. I just don't want to. It's too early. Like having gym 1st bell."

"Suck it up, buttercup, we wanna be the first ones in."

"Michael!" They run anyway. Michael stops in front of the arcade.

"Ta-da!! Guess what's still going?"

"...... Michael, this place closed awhile ago..."

"Sure it did... But guess who got the keys and knows how to get the electricity running again thanks to being friends with the guy who owned it?"

"No way. Michael!!" This was their childhood arcade.

"Yep, yep, I know, I'm amazing and you love me more than anything, the feeling is mutual, baby. Let's open this bad boy up!" Jeremy is so excited.

"I never thought is be able to come here again!"

"I made SURE we would, I've had these keys for like a month." He opens the place up, lights the place up and voilà! The cabinets hum to life.

"Why didn't we go sooner then?"

"Because I had to plan today out, babe, you'll see." They get in and Jeremy is so happy and excited.

"What do you want to play first?"

"Whatever you want, Jer, this is for you, baby." Jeremy immediately goes to street fighter.

"My favorite. Even if I lost almost all the time."

"When you didn't it's cause I let you win." He chuckles and bumps their shoulders together.

"At least I try! A little too hard."

"Always did." they play for a while and end up in that old arcade for a long long time.

"Alright Michael, break time cause my fingers hurt a lot."

"All right, food then?"

"I'd love that."

"Pizza?"

"You know me too well Michael." He chuckles.

"we're getting fancy pizza. Also part of the plan."

"Is there anything special today? Did I accidentally forget your birthday again? I swear I remember it though...."

"Nope. You aren't forgetting anything, baby, you'll see what it's all about."

"What did I tell you about surprises Michael."

"You've enjoyed my surprises so far, Jer."

"I still don't like them."

"Don't worry about it, stressing is bad for the baby. Just go with it for today."

"Fiiiine." Then they're off to fancy pizza and Michael is getting increasingly more nervous, every once in a while slipping out of English on accident. Jeremy just thinks it's super cute.

"I love this. I love you." Michael grins.

"Te a- Mahal-" he clears his throat.

"I love you too, Jer." Jeremy chuckles.

"I love it when you do that. It's adorable."

"Glad you think so." his leg is bouncing. He's REALLY nervous.

"So uh... I do have a reason for all this..."

"I'm sure you do. I've been trying to figure it out all day."

"Well... Try no more, b-because here it is." he clears his throat and digs into his pocket. Jeremy has no clue what's going on.

"Jeremy. Jeremiah Heere. Love of my life, mi novio, mi amor," he finally withdraws his hand, getting up from his seat to make his way around the table to kneel next to Jeremy.

"W-We've been through so much together, and - and now are going to have a damn baby, and - Jeremy, I don't want anyone but you for the rest of my life, you know? S-so, uh..." He holds up the small box in his hand to open it and show Jeremy the most delicate ring.

"Marry me?" Jeremy squeaks and puts his hand over his mouth. Nodding vigorously. Michael grins.

"Thank God, like, I know we already talked about it, but I thought I'd fuck it up or something."he puts the ring on his finger.

"You couldn't of fucked it up." Jeremy wraps his arms around michaels neck and kisses him. Michael slides his hands onto Jeremy's hips, kissing him sweetly.

"Good to know."

"Excuse me," an older woman at the table next to them taps on Michael's shoulder.

"Uh... Yes ma'am?" She smiled at the nervous look he gives her.

"I just wanted to say I wish my alpha had done such a thing before my son was born. Be good to him." Jeremy smiles so wide. Michael sighs in relief.

"Don't worry about that, I've been good to him for almost eighteen years. I think I can keep that streak alive."