~Chapter Twenty-Eight~

Michael isn't expecting him over for a long while. He's uncomfortable and hot and lazily touching himself. Jeremy heads over to Michael's and just walks right on in and starring down to the basement. Michael smells him and instantly smiles.

"Jeremyyyyyy ~!" then he sniffs again and freezes. Jeremy walks over, dropping his backpack and laying Michael's arms.

"Michael hold me." Michael holds him close, sniffing him and growling dangerously,

"What did he do?" he sniffs once more.

"Jeremiah, what. Did. He. Do."

"He..... he f-fucked me...." he says it quietly.

"...... Did you want him to?"

"I..... I didn't-" Michael cuts him off.

"Did he rape you, Jeremy, because I swear to God, I'll tear his fucking throat out if he thinks he can -!!!"

"No, Michael, he didn't..."

"... Then.... Then what - Jeremy, I don't - What did you do, what -??"

"A-at first I didn't. I didn't want him near me but he just started scenting me and touching me and kissing me and I wasn't... I wasn't able to go through the school day with a fucking giant ass boner..."

"So you -so you let him?" Jeremy freezes and squeezes his eyes close.

"..........Michael...."

"Jeremiah, you let him touch you like that??" He's fucked up. He fucked up bad. He lets go of Michael, bringing his arms close to his chest. He wouldn't be surprised if Michael broke up with him.

"You asked him to, didn't you? You smelled him and he touched you and you asked him to keep going, how could you fucking-" Then he's getting up, shakily. He stumbles out of bed, deep in anger and dizzy from the rut. Jeremy curls up in a ball, eyes starting to water. He whispers.

"I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry..."

"How dare you. How dare you try and apologize and think that - I've been out two days. I had you in this bed yesterday, I-" he growls and punches a wall.

"I'm going to kill Richard Goranski." Jeremy sits up and pulls his knees to his chest.

"It's fine if... if you want to break it off. I wouldn't be surprised if you wanted to." Michael's breathing heavy, angrily.

"I don't... Know what I want." He's starting to hyperventilate.

"You - are all I've got and - and if you can get someone else - to do what I do - to replace me so easily - with someone cooler - you just let him, didn't you, you let yourself be his slut -!"

"I KNOW! And I regret all of it! God-" he bangs his head back on the wall a little too hard, it sounding like it was on purpose.

"I hate myself so much Michael. I hate that I did that to you a-and I wish it had never happened, I wish I had never even-" Michael shouts and punches the concrete wall of the basement again with a sickening crack followed by his own pained noise.

"Michael, Michael stop don't hurt yourself please..."

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" he hits it again and yelps, whimpering right after. He's very loud. Jeremy immediately shuts up. Not moving, not breathing. He's terrified. Michael pants, glaring at the wall.

"I want you to go home. I want you to stay away until my rut ends. We'll talk at the end of the week." Jeremy looks away and nods, getting up to get his backpack. He slowly creeps his way around Michael like he might snap if he triggers him. Turning to look at him before walking up his stairs. Michael probably does much more damage to his hands on that wall once he's gone. Jeremy doesn't go home. He wants to be alone. Later that night Michael calls Jared, voice hoarse and raw.

"I'm going to the hospital."

"What??? What happened??"

"I busted up my hands and I... Did something stupid, just... Tell Jeremy."

"Michael I'm coming down there"

"No." it comes out harsher than he intends.

"Just tell Jeremy. I'll be fine. I promise I'll be fine."

"Well I mean... he's not here. He never came home. I thought he was with you the entire time."

"He never-???" he makes a strangled noise.

"Find him. He could be anywhere, we had a fight, please find him, Jared."

"O-Okay, um, call me again when you can." He hangs up.

"C'mon Ev" Evan was listening nervously.

"What's going on, Jared?"

"Well, uh, Michael's going to the hospital and we have to tell Jeremy ASAP and he isn't answering his phone so we have to find him."

"Michael is going to the what??? And Jeremy is missing?? Oh jesus..."

"Yeah, c'mon. We're gonna borrow your mom's car and find Jeremy. He can't be too far."

"Okay. All right, we can do that" Evan gets his mom's keys and they're off looking for Jeremy. They drive for about an hour, not having any luck.

"Damn it! We can't go home empty handed!"

"Maybe he's gone home by now, Jared, it's late, let's backtrack."

"Okay okay.... fine.." They have no luck on the way back either. They walk back into the house. Jared is worried as all hell.

"What are we gonna do?? Oh God, he's gone, and we can't find him, and-" they walk into the bedroom to find Jeremy slipping into the window. He steps in and freezes when he sees them. His eyes puffy, shirt wet from tears. His pants bunched up and his sweater falling off his shoulders. He sniffs.

"Jeremy where the FUCK have you been??"

"I, uh, I've been on the roof.." Evan rushes forward to help him into the window.

"Jeremy, Michael's in the hospital." He almost falls.

"He's WHAT??"

"I'm not sure what for... Jared?" Jared shrugs.

"W-well you've gotta take me down there. I've gotta-" he pauses. He's not going to want to see him. Not after what he did.

"We could, I left the car running, we were going to keep looking if you weren't here."

"No.. no he wouldn't want to see me. He probably doesn't ever want to see me again."

"W... What?"

"I did something stupid. He told me to leave and to not come back until he says... how long will that be though? Forever probably. No doubt he's still mad. I would be surprised if he broke it off with me."

"... If he didn't want to see you, why would he want you to know where he was?"

"........ I don't know..."

"... Maybe Jared should go up first."

"I...... I do want to go just... Let me wait outside. Let Jared go in first." Jared nods.

"... All right, we'll all go." They all drive up there, Jeremy is holding Evan's hand as they walk up to his room. He's so nervous like his heart would beat out of his chest. Michael is out completely. Sam and his mother are there. Jared walks in first. Knocking before entering.