~Chapter Thirty-Six~

The next day at school is hell for Evan and Jared. Connor had to leave the night before and now it's just the two of them again. Evan doesn't look at anyone. At all. All day. Christine is worried baout him. She's became good friends with him since he's Jeremy's brother. She goes to Jared since she sees him more often.

"Is... Is Evan all right?"

"Do you want the truth or what'll make you go away?" He's grumpy. Not getting any sleep the night before. Dealing with Evan the night before who kept waking up crying.

"Sorry.."

"No, it's... It's okay. Truth please."

"He's terrible."

"What happened?"

"I don't think he'd want me to tell you Chris.... sorry.."

"All right... I hope things get better."

"Me too.." When is all over, Michael is late to the car after school that day, approaching with smashed glasses and a beat up appearance.

"Sorry for the wait..."

"Michael!" Jeremy's running up to check out his face.

"I told not to fight him again!"

"And I told him to shut his damn mouth about you, but he doesn't fucking listen either, does he?"

"Let me take care of it next time, okay? And you're gonna let Jared drive us home."

"Take care of it how, Jeremy, if I can't do it, how could you?"

"I'm not gonna fight or fuck him. I'm gonna talk to him."

"Sure. Cause THAT is how you get through to Rich."

"That's how I get through Rich."

"How's that working out for us by the way?" he angrily pokes at Jeremy's abdomen. He needs to calm down, this isn't right. Jeremy puts a hand over it.

"I-I don't know..." maybe that's the reason he was throwing up. Michael has that exact thought and rakes a hand through his hair.

"Why us, why this, why - First Evan, now - fuck!"

"Michael-" He tosses his broken glasses to the ground.

"I can't fuckin take this! I can't! Why does this - why do - FUCK!" Jeremy puts his hands on Michael's shoulders.

"Michael, you need to calm down. Baby please."

"No, I don't! Because this is bullshit and you don't deserve it! He doesn't deserve it! None of us do!!"

"I know..."

"And a couple assholes were able to fuck us all up with almost no consequences! And - and what happened to you was fucking preventable!"

"Michael -"

"Evan, look at yourself! You couldn't do anything about what happened to you, but he could, and it could've ended the same fucking way!! And we don't fucking know yet!!"

"Michael I know. I fucked up like I always do. And this time it might have actually fucked our lives."

"You did. And it could. And I can't fucking do anything about it and it makes me hate myself so much fucking more."

"There's nothing you could've done in the first place........ it's my fault and I take all the blame for it."

"Just- let's just go. Jared drive, I can't fucking see."

"Alright..." Jared gets in the front seat as Jeremy picks up Michael's glasses from the ground, getting In the backseat with him. Michael is dead silent after that. Jeremy tries to take his hand.