~Chapter Thirty-One~

Jeremy stays in the hospital with Michael, glad that he's finally up. The hospital chairs aren't very comfortable to sleep in but he'll deal with anything to be next to him. Michael eventually gets Jeremy to eat the rest of the burger and seems satisfied. Then, when it's late and dark and quiet in the room, they sit with their hands entwined.

"I love you so much..."

"I love you too... I'm so sorry I did this, baby, I shouldn't have."

"At least I didn't lose you..."

"... Right."

"That's all the matters-" he puts his other hand over his mouth.

"I-I'll be right back-" he rushes to the bathroom.

"Jeremy??" he sits up too fast and whimpers.

"Jer - fuck - are you okay??" The next thing you can hear is

"Bleeeehehhhh" but more gross sounding.

"Oh fuck, oh- I'm coming in there, babe, just -" he struggles to get up.

"No! Michael don't get up." He vomits again.

"But you're fuckin throwing up, you want me to just sit in here??"

"I'm fine! I'm fine! I'm probably just- just sick."

"Fuck, maybe you shouldn't be staying here, maybe you caught somebody's sickness..."

"Who's? I haven't left this room for a week."

"Then how are you getting sick??"

"I don't know-!" He vomits a couple more times before stumbling back out and leans against the wall. He's as pale as he could ever be. The palest of the pale.

"God - come here. Come here, Jeremy, let me feel your forehead for a fever." He walks over and bends down slightly in
front of Michael. He knows exactly what it is. He's shouldn't of ate that burger. Michael feels all over his face. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"is it... Do you still feel like you're gonna vomit?" Jeremy nods.

"... Please don't throw up on me."

"I won't..." he moves back to he bathroom to dry heave because throwing up again. Michael feels awful. He's racking his brain for reasons he could be throwing up. In Jeremy's head, he's just thinking 'one more time. One more time should stop the pain' Sliding his finger into his mouth, vomiting later after that. Michael calls softly,

"Wash your mouth out when you're done and lay in this bed with me." He does. Getting into bed with him, and hugging him again. Michael wraps him in his arms. Jeremy doesn't smell like Rich anymore. He smells like Jeremy. Unacceptable. Although it's a little painful to move, he starts scenting him. Jeremy scoots closer to Michael doesn't have to move as much.

"I'm sorry I got so angry. He probably had you cornered, you didn't intend to upset or anything, you came and told me instead of hiding it..."

"I know... I was supposed to but I couldn't.."

"It's okay. It was a mistake."

"A big mistake. I deeply regret..."

"It's okay, baby, it's okay. I forgive you" Jeremy holds him tight. Never wanting to let him go. Michael continues to scent him.

"You're mine no matter what, okay? No matter what." Jeremy nods.

"I'm still going to rip Rich's throat out."

"I won't stop you,"

"Couldn't if you tried." he pauses.

"....Was he good?"