~Chapter Six~

"Jer, you're getting a WHAT?"

"I'm getting a brother??? Or really a step brother..."

"Dude. Duuuude, you're kidding. Your dad is actually getting remarried? To a real person with a son that exists?"

"Yeah...." he sighs.

"So where's he supposed to stay? You've only got two bedrooms."

"I have to share my room." He groans.

"Dude, what? But that's like... Our space. Yours, really, but I feel like we both have partial ownership of the other's room." he stretches in the beanbag in front of Jeremy's bedroom TV, controller in his lap.

"Well, I mean, how old is he?"

"18. Senior. Like us."

"Well... Maybe he'll be cool."

"I don't know. My dad said he was like a smaller me. Awkward, Jewish, white, nerdy."

"Wow. So I'll probably like him at least."

"Yeah. But that means we're spending more time at your house."

"Ughhhhhhhh, fine. Guess you'll be able to smoke with me more often then. If you're up to getting better at that."

"Hell yeah. You know it"

"Sweet, dude. Know when they're coming? Gotta know when it is and is not appropriate to scent your house." he chuckles.

"Y'know, just in case one of them is an alpha and thinks they can enter my territory and be dominant and shit."

"Well, kind of too late for you to not be scenting my house. And some time tonight I think."

"I could take my hoodie off. Hell, I could be shirtless, scent it more. Ain't nobody coming in this house thinking they're the boss."

"I think you're safe. I know his mom is a beta. I don't know about Evan."

"Then just in case, hoodie's coming off dude." he takes his hoodie off.

"Want me to get you?" He's very territorial of Jeremy. He'd back off if asked, but Jeremy hasn't asked. Not yet.

"If you want. Go ahead." Michael moves to sit closer, leaning over to put his head on Jeremy's shoulder, nuzzling just a little. Jeremy doesn't mind. It's nice he's got an alpha that cares so much about him.

"Good thing you've got me to keep big scary alphas from hitting on you, right?"

"Pfft, what If I want them to?"

"Then you tell me and I'll stop doing it. You want me to stop scenting you?"

"........no. I don't like any big scary Alphas right now."

"Cool, I'll keep doing it then." Jeremy smiles, actually nuzzling into Michael. He's soft and warm. Michael sighs happily. This is all he wants right now. He doesn't even care that all he can do is scent him. That's enough for him. Jeremy ends up taking the smallest cat nap, head in Michael's lap. Michael strokes his hair the entire time, watching something on Netflix, almost falling asleep himself. Jeremy buries his face in his stomach. Michael smiles a little. Of course Jeremy would shove his face in his tum. He jumps when Mr Heere calls for them, sporting that the Hansens are here.

"Oh, that's a new smell.. strong." Evan tenses as he walks in. Jeremy jumps up and fixes himself.

"Just, uh, stay here?" Michael nods.