~Chapter Thirty-Three~

The week is slow and not fun at all. Evan is dreading going back to work. Jared drives him there.

"It looks peaceful"

"Mhm." He's immensely nervous, looking around in paranoia.

"It's going to be alright Ev. You've got your big bad alpha to protect you." He smiles slightly at him. Evan smiles a tiny bit back.

"You're right. I do." Jared goes to kiss him but they get a tap on their window. Evan jumps. It's one of the other rangers. She smiles as Evan rolls the window down.

"Evan! I'm so glad you're coming back!"

"Um... Yeah. Sara, right?"

"Yep!"

"Well, uh, I guess I should let you get to work then."

"Y-Yeah." he leans over and kisses Jared's cheek.

"Wish me luck."

"Good luck baby," He'll either be in the car or at a park bench doing his homework. Evan honestly does all right today. It's okay. He likes his job. It's not until the last fifteen minutes that he sees Kevin, coming in for his shift. Evan drops whatever he's holding and has to try to keep calm. Jared's been keep a close eye on Evan. But not right now. Kevin strolls over.

"Hey, baby."

"D-Don't call me that."

"Aw, c'mon, Ev." Jared's decided that he's going to check up in Evan after this problem.

"No, you - you stay away from me. You could - you might -"

"Nah, I just wanna talk to ya about makin love later, hm?"

"We did NOT make love, you RUINED me-" He's backing up as Kevin advances, starting to panic. Jared turns and looks at him, getting up and running over and stepping in between them. Kevin's way taller than Jared.

"What the fuck?"

"Jared - Jared, please - " Jared glocks him right in the jaw.

"Stay away from him, I swear to god If I ever even see you LOOK at him, I'm going to rip your dick off and shove it down your throat." He stumbles back a little and puts a hand to his jaw.

"Who the fuck even are you??"

"I'm his boyfriend! The man who gave him a mark you clearly looked over when you decided to rape him." He glances at Evan's shoulder, then at Jared.

"No fuckin way. Ev, I could be so much better than pipsqueak over here."

"No no no, not after - no, I - I need to - Jared - "

"Go sit down baby," he turns back to Kevin.

"Keep your dirty paws off him, you hear?"

"You say that like he wasn't fuckin asking for it, waking around in broad daylight on his fuckin heat, smelling like a damn treat, talking in this voice that sounded like he needed somebody, ANYBODY to get the shit done for him. And the noises he made, Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I should've marked him for the sounds he made from under me." Jared punches him in the chest, right where his lungs are, then his stomach. Once he can get him to the ground, he's straddling him, knees on his arms. Punching his face over and over. Another ranger has to rush over and pull Jared off, saying that he has to leave, now, let's go.

"Where's Evan?"

"Evan ran into the bathrooms like Usain Bolt like two minutes ago."

"Alright. If I could request one thing, keep that fucker away from Evan."