Chapter 16: Happy for a second

Jae POV:

Ever since we were young me and Jungkook used to joke saying that if we didn't get married by 40 we'd get married to each other. We made that deal after watching an episode of friends and then after that we'd joke and start naming our future children, he wanted our son to be called Son so I hit his forehead and told him I won't have his babies. He cried for 3 days therefore I made a promise with him that I'd carry his first child just to shut him up but I guess that promise is invalid now.

"What?" I manage to ask with my eyes wide open. She smirks at me and crosses her arms, "Don't lie to me" I say to her with pleading eyes.

"I thought you didn't care" she smirks but she's right I thought I didn't care, technically I don't want to care but the thing is I do I care a lot but why? He treats me like trash and uses every opportunity he has to ruin my entire life. This 'baby' means he'll stop harassing me though right? So, I'll be free from him right? So why do I feel really shit?

"I don't care" I cough and begin rubbing my neck.

"Don't care about what?" Jungkook walks into the restaurant with his hands in his pockets and chewing some gum. He looks at me and I quickly look at the ground not wanting him to notice the tears building up in my eyes. Why do I care so much? I guess I always hoped that Jungkook would come back to me which is kind of pathetic because he is long gone.

"Babe I didn't expect you to be here-"

"I'm not your babe" he cuts her off and rolls his eyes at her, "Why does she look like she's about to shit herself?" He points over at me making Maddie clear her throat. I should really leave before he starts mocking me about him and Maddie having a baby together.

"I'm gonna go, congratulations on the baby" I smile at him trying to show him that I'm not at all bothered by the news. I turn around prepared to walk away but he grabs my arm and pulls me into him making Maddie clear her throat but Jungkook doesn't care he continues keeping me close to him.

"What baby?" He finally speaks up. I push him away from me then I look over at Maddie who looks like she's about to shit herself. I guess she hasn't told him yet.

"Jungkook I'm pregnant" she smiles at him but he just stares at her with a weird facial expression, I can never guess what's going on inside his head.

"So?" He shrugs his shoulders.

"You're going to be a dad" she beams and her eyes light up but Jungkook's eyes don't, they remain as cold and lifeless as usual.

"No I'm not" he says making me look at him with a shocked facial expression. I understand that they broke up but Jungkook needs to be responsible and step up as a father to his child. Yeah Maddie's parents are rich but Jungkook needs to have the bond with his child, its something he has always wanted to do.

"Jungkook that's wrong with you? You need to provide for that child an-"

"Why should I provide for a kid that's not mine" he interrupts me making me shut my mouth. Wait so is he implying that the kid isn't his? This is some Jeremy Kyle shit happening over here.

"It's yours, I've only slept with you" Maddie protests making Jungkook roll his eyes at her. Jungkook can't say its not his if Maddie has only slept with him, the thought of Maddie and Jungkook fucking makes me want to cringe. I think I'm going to puke.

"I have not inserted my dick in your spacious vagina" he responds making me slap my mouth out of shock, "maybe its one of your side thing's baby" he adds and Maddie begins looking at the ground probably embarrassed. I should leave but this drama is good.