Lips like nicotine | Brett

It's now Monday, you know how everyone hates Mondays? Well you absolutely loath them, getting up early and having to go to the hell hole for 7 hours to learn about crap that you don't need in your future life. But today was a morning practice so it was even worse.

You walked over to coach and took off your helmet tossing it on the ground, "I quit."

Coach thought you were joking and laughed, "you're joking right?"

"If I was joking I would've said 'haha' at the end of it."

Coaches jaw dropped, "you can't quit! You're one of the best players on the team!"

"I really don't care, its too stressful and I need to keep my grades up, and you have Scott, Liam and Kira so."

Coach pushed his face back, "we need everyone we can get."

"Coach I'm quitting, okay," you snapped then walked to the locker room.

When you got into the locker room you saw Brett. "Brett..... What are you doing here?"

"Why did you quit the team?" He asked crossing his arms.

"If you know that I quit the team then you know why I did," you rolled your eyes taking your gear off.

Brett eyed you up and down before turning around but continued talking. "Why did you really quit?"

"I need to keep my grades up," you lied putting on your school clothes.

"That's not the real reason," he looked back at you.

"Yes it is."

"No its not, your heartbeat sped up."

You growled and put your now old gear away, "sometimes I forget we have super hearing."

"Can you please tell me why you really quit the team?"

You truly didn't want to tell him that it was because of him, he distracts you and you didn't want to admit that. "I can, but that doesn't mean I'm going to."

Brett sighed and dropped it, "so, I have to go to practice now."

You looked at him and grabbed your jersey putting it into your bag, "yeah I know, bye."

~~~~~~~~

Its the end of the day now and you were walking to your car. You got there and unlocked it and opened the door but before you knew it you were screaming. Then you heard laughing and looked at the person who caused you to almost gave a heart attack.

"Don't do that to me Brett! Wait, why are you here? School just ended... and you go to Devenford Prep," you furrowed your eyebrows catching your breath.

"I get out early because I have less classes," he explained walking over to you.

"You're so lucky," you groaned.

"Hey you want to hang out?" He questioned while fixing his hair.

"I mean, if Liam doesn't kill you after, then sure," you shrugged while getting in your car and starting it.

Brett climbed into the passengers side and buckled. You looked at him slowly, "what are you doing?"

He looked at you and raised his eyebrows, "what does it look like I'm doing?"

You sighed, buckled and started driving to your house. Once you got there you parked and got out while Brett just sat there. "What are you waiting for?"

Brett looked at you, "your brother is here."

You nodded slowly, "thats because he lives here."

Brett groaned and got up walking to the front door of your house. All of the sudden the door slammed open. You and Brett jumped and Liam looked at you both with his jaw clenched, "Why is he here?"

You looked at Brett then back Liam, "uh... because he can be?"

Liam shook his head and pointed towards the road, "go, now."

Brett walked pass him and you followed. While you two walked to your bedroom Liam closed the front door and sat back down on the couch groaning. You and Brett sat on your bed and sat there for awhile before one of you said something.

"So..... What do you wanna do?" Brett asked you.

"Uh, you pick because I can't choose anything easily," you chuckled a little.

Hypocrite, take your pick.

Brett looked at you thinking for a while.

Cus the poisons on my lips.

All of the sudden Brett kissed you. Your eyes were wide but slowly you closed them and kissed back. It felt like an eternity for both of you.

Can I understand you?

But Brett pulled back. You had no control over your body, even your legs were jelly.

Can I understand you?

Brett stood up, "I should go." You was confused.

Can I understand you?

You stood up, "what? Why?"

Brett sighed, "Liam wouldn't like this."

You didn't want him to go, "I don't care what he thinks, please don't go." Brett put his hands on the back of your head.

Can I understand you?

He kissed you again, he thought your lips were like nicotine, addicting yet he wanted to stop. He had to.

Lights, camera, action, satisfaction.

He forced himself to pull back, "I'm sorry. I seriously should go."

At your fingertips no one's lacking stuff.

You wrapped your arms around his torso, "but why?"

But it's not enough when it seems that.

Brett pecked your lips, "I need to go home, I have to be home."

We have enough stuff just to blow stuff up.

"Can't you stay a little longer?" You asked.

Lights, camera, stop!

Brett ran his fingers through your hair and brushed his lips against yours, "I want to but I can't."

We're killing ourselfs just to get to the top.

You sighed and pulled your arms away, "fine, see you tomorrow?"

But we won't stop talking about what we got.

He smiled, "definitely." You smiled as he removed his hands from your head.

And how we all love it when we're loved a lot.

Brett walked out of your room closing the door behind him. You didn't want him to leave, but like he said he had to. You knew this but all you could think of how he left after he kissed you. You wanted more, he was like a drug to you. And you were like a drug to him, and neither of you knew.